Dechellis Back in 2011

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2010/03/dechellis_will_stay_on_at_leas.html

Not at all surprising to me.

[quote="Captain Cranky, post:11, topic:709"]Doesn't matter. You are still a Benedict Arnold. and you are NO FanofPSU!!![/quote]

Captain, does having a negative outlook on the performance of the team mean you aren’t a true fan? Why does fandom have to include throwing all logic and objectivity out of the window?

Because it is not logical or objective to criticize the players and coaches for working their hardest they can.

It is rude and discourteous to treat them with such disdain. Frankly, I hope none of them ever take the time to read this forum. The people who take such glee at criticizing them should be ashamed of themselves. :-[

There’s the Slobberknocker “logic” argument I’ve really missed. God forbid someone would read the writing on the wall. Ed’s days at PSU are numbered.

Ed will be back next year even if he does not win another game this season. And I believe he will be back at PSU in the fall of 2011 if PSU has a winning record next season.

I don’t think anybody on here is surprised by this.

Nope but it shows that problems might be above.

Same old garbage from Curley. Not surprising at all >:(

“I believe we are better than our record shows. Ed and I share the same vision for the program. I have complete confidence in Ed and his staff. No one will work harder or bring greater passion to making the necessary progress.”

What a crock of shI&. There is a reason why PSU basketball is a joke to the rest of the college basketball world and will continue to be so . Wait til Joe Pa leaves and if the fball program would ever head backwards. This guy will be out of town quicker than you can blink. What is this vision ??? I would love to hear his explanation of it

They better win next or it won’t be Ed that’s being criticized it will be Curley as well, in fact he might be crucified for this.

Please let me find a job where I can be below average for 5 of the 7 years, and bank $650,000, while not being held accountable. Good Luck, Ed.

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2010/2/12/1303373/2010/2/12/1303373/forever-dechellis

I am sorry if this was posted already, but this seems to sum up the situation.

JWP

[quote=“battlesway2, post:5, topic:964”]Same old garbage from Curley. Not surprising at all >:(

“I believe we are better than our record shows. Ed and I share the same vision for the program. I have complete confidence in Ed and his staff. No one will work harder or bring greater passion to making the necessary progress.”

What a crock of shI&. There is a reason why PSU basketball is a joke to the rest of the college basketball world and will continue to be so . Wait til Joe Pa leaves and if the fball program would ever head backwards. This guy will be out of town quicker than you can blink.[/quote]
What did you expect. The program is in the black, the team shows limited success. There are no recruiting violations or other significant problems. They seem to be able to keep most games close. They have had decent recruiting. As long as they aren’t an embarrassment, why should Curley change? Not saying I agree with it, but sure as hell doesn’t make me go :o.

I’m afraid to ask what that vision is.

Perhaps you should try getting elected to Congress, or the PA legislature?

"Ed and I share the same vision for the program."

I’m afraid to ask what that vision is.

I guess a vision of how many years we can go without making the tourney. The streak is alive :wink:

If you read TONYLION 's comments they are 100% dead on.

Curley should not have even responded to this text message from a reporter. At this point he is just getting defensive. And he is holding an indefinsible position that things are headed in the right direction.

[quote="Chaze2k1, post:6, topic:964"]They better win next or it won't be Ed that's being criticized it will be Curley as well, in fact he might be crucified for this.[/quote]

Curley should not have even responded to this text message from a reporter. At this point he is just getting defensive. And he is holding an indefinsible position that things are headed in the right direction.

This is a serious question, if Ed wasn’t an alum would he been returning next year?

[quote="Chaze2k1, post:6, topic:964"]They better win next or it won't be Ed that's being criticized it will be Curley as well, in fact he might be crucified for this.[/quote]

The only time your hear or see Curley is when he’s defending something or sneaking into a photo during halftime at the Beav.

This is a serious question, if Ed wasn’t an alum would he been returning next year?

No, and he wouldn’t have been here in the first place either. It was the only qualification he had that mattered to the AD.

Curley is spineless and risk averse. He’ll need to be bullied in order for things to change with the bball program. Either that or the coach will have to over come some serious odds.

[quote=“psuphiman80, post:17, topic:964”]Curley is spineless and risk averse. He’ll need to be bullied in order for things to change with the bball program. Either that or the coach will have to over come some serious odds.[/quote]You have to wonder how much blame goes to him and how much to put on the Puppet Master. He might be the one pulling the strings.

[quote="psuphiman80, post:17, topic:964"]Curley is spineless and risk averse. He'll need to be bullied in order for things to change with the bball program. Either that or the coach will have to over come some serious odds.[/quote]You have to wonder how much blame goes to him and how much to put on the Puppet Master. He might be the one pulling the strings.

It’s definitely Curley’s fault. ED should never have had to fight to get the same things that other B10 schools have. Curley shouldn’t be so content to have a crappy bball team. I just don’t get it. Successful things make more money.

Wow. Oh well. Jumping up and down will not help…

Let’s talk about next years team on this and other threads.