PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

De-commitments

Word is that both Branndais Agee and Brittney Sykes have re-opened their recruiting. No idea what’s going on here. Each has expressed that that they decided too hastily at the close of their recruiting visit. Possibly each may have found out that Penn State has a commitment (Brianna Butler ?) from another recruit at their position, and each may eventually end up at Penn State. The news is a bit disappointing, however.

For what it’s worth, I once heard through a very reliable source that coach W. can be pretty pushy with recruits about commiting to PSU. Perhaps those girls felt pressure to commit before they were really ready to make up their minds before?

[quote="Evan Ceg, post:1, topic:2739"]Word is that both Branndais Agee and Brittney Sykes have re-opened their recruiting. No idea what's going on here. Each has expressed that that they decided too hastily at the close of their recruiting visit. Possibly each may have found out that Penn State has a commitment (Brianna Butler ?) from another recruit at their position, and each may eventually end up at Penn State. The news is a bit disappointing, however.[/quote]

For what it’s worth, I once heard through a very reliable source that coach W. can be pretty pushy with recruits about commiting to PSU. Perhaps those girls felt pressure to commit before they were really ready to make up their minds before?

Is that any different than other coaches? Serious question.

Seem sto me that EVERY coach would eant to close the deal on a top recruit. How unusual is this?

[quote="Evan Ceg, post:1, topic:2739"]Word is that both Branndais Agee and Brittney Sykes have re-opened their recruiting. No idea what's going on here. Each has expressed that that they decided too hastily at the close of their recruiting visit. Possibly each may have found out that Penn State has a commitment (Brianna Butler ?) from another recruit at their position, and each may eventually end up at Penn State. The news is a bit disappointing, however.[/quote]

Seem sto me that EVERY coach would eant to close the deal on a top recruit. How unusual is this?

Maybe when an excellent recruit chooses another school instead of PSU because she claims PSU’s coach was being too pushy and it turned her off? :slight_smile: I turned down too different job offers years ago because I was turned off by the overly aggressive attitude of the guy that would have been my boss. Made me think that I really didn’t want to work for that dude. So just saying, I can see where a coach being a bit over the top in her aggressive recruiting methods could turn off a young woman.

Maybe when an excellent recruit chooses another school instead of PSU because she claims PSU’s coach was being too pushy and it turned her off? :slight_smile: I turned down too different job offers years ago because I was turned off by the overly aggressive attitude of the guy that would have been my boss. Made me think that I really didn’t want to work for that dude. So just saying, I can see where a coach being a bit over the top in her aggressive recruiting methods could turn off a young woman.

If CAPPY is an expert at anything, it’s turning off women !!! ;D :wink:

ESPN asks “What’s wrong at Penn State?” and answers “Nothing”.

Sykes and Agee find new homes at Syracuse and Michigan State respectively.

Yikes :frowning: