Dave Jones

I am so sick of his “love” for Jay Wright and Fran Dunphy. Never a negative word. Wright just benched Reynolds and Fisher before their game v. Bob Morris and Taylor King was benched for another team violation a few weeks back. Last fall Redding was suspended for the first semester for another team violation. Not a word. But Nova wins.

Dunphy takes a 5 seed and loses to an Ivy. Not a word. Yet as soon as PSU has a kid leave, he is calling the kids old man and texting and calling Babb himself. He loves to pile on PSU.

Why cant Jones get out of Harrisburg?

I for one, love the fact that someone in the media actually cares about the happenings of PSU basketball.

Dave cares? He’s just trying to sell newspapers! And I don’t mean that in a critical way, he’s just doing his job. One thing I will give Dave credit for, he is almost always the first reporter to report many things out of HV, even before the local reporters.

1008 words by Dave Jones on Temple’s loss

[quote="Slash, post:2, topic:1008"]I for one, love the fact that someone in the media actually cares about the happenings of PSU basketball.[/quote]

Dave cares? He’s just out to sell newspapers! And I don’t mean that in a critical way, he’s just doing his job.

Not to much positive reporting he can do regarding psu basketball. I’m just glad he reports on them at all

Isn’t Dave an OSU grad?

Yes.

[quote="Slash, post:2, topic:1008"]I for one, love the fact that someone in the media actually cares about the happenings of PSU basketball.[/quote]

Dave cares? He’s just out to sell newspapers! And I don’t mean that in a critical way, he’s just doing his job.

Not to much positive reporting he can do regarding psu basketball. I’m just glad he reports on them at all

some truth to that. But never a feel good piece at all. Always taking a shot.

Should have stated never a negative word about Jay and Fran. Tom look for a negative word

[quote="jjepsu92, post:6, topic:1008"]Isn't Dave an OSU grad?[/quote]

Yes.

And he has been incredibly critical of Ohio State, particularly Jim Tressel.

Well, save that article and compare it to the next article he writes about DeChellis in an NCAA game.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:6, topic:1008"]Isn't Dave an OSU grad?[/quote]

Yes.

And he has been incredibly critical of Ohio State, particularly Jim Tressel.

Agreed, he loves to call Jim “Mr. sweater vest.” :slight_smile:

No, Mr. Helper, you save the article.

Maybe if you were literate, you would’ve read plenty of positive pieces last year by him.

[quote="prideofsc, post:8, topic:1008"]some truth to that. But never a feel good piece at all. Always taking a shot.[/quote]

Maybe if you were literate, you would’ve read plenty of positive pieces last year by him.

Wow, now there’s a shot. Is his nose bleeding? :wink:

[quote="prideofsc, post:8, topic:1008"]some truth to that. But never a feel good piece at all. Always taking a shot.[/quote]

No time to grow a dick, Nation. Look that up Tom.

So, when a coach of a historically bad program loses one of its better players to a transfer, you’d expect a reporter to NOT get information? Isn’t that what a reporter is SUPPOSED to do?

Or is he only expected to write hit pieces when historically good programs lose?

Darn, there goes that Dave Jones again, reporting on transfers.

Considering he actually takes time to post and reply to posts here, I would say that the majority of people here are lucky to have someone who has closer connections/information than almost all of us as a member of this board.

Always answer your own questions, Tom? What a weirdo.

[quote="Tom, post:17, topic:1008"]Darn, there goes that Dave Jones again, reporting on transfers.[/quote]

Always answer your own questions, Tom? What a weirdo.

No, I’m facetiously asking yours. Not answering mine.