PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Dave Jones covers the press conference

Patrick Chambers introduced to arroused PSU

I hope he didn’t write the headline. ;D

“Arroused?”:slight_smile:

Was Congressman Anthony Weiner in attendance?

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:2474”]Patrick Chambers introduced to arroused PSU

I hope he didn’t write the headline. ;D[/quote]

Because of the misspelling or because of the other “news” story happening today? :slight_smile:

The 1st video is up on Scout.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:2474”]Patrick Chambers introduced to arroused PSU

Heck, even Dave seems “arroused”. Hopefully we continue to get positive press. Would really help recruiting and attendance to see a lot of positive spin by the local (and Philly) media.

While results are yet to be seen…he sure has a charisma that the last several coaches haven’t had.

That word is literally never used but in a sexual way. I think it would have probably been less cringe inducing to just say “Patrick Chambers introduced, PSU has Boner”.

Hey, this isn’t Two and Half Men here! (I heard that word, which utterance would still probably kill my mother, on that show in syndication at 6 pm the other night.)

[quote="UncleLar, post:1, topic:2474"][url=http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2011/06/patrick_chambers_introduced_to.html]Patrick Chambers introduced to arroused PSU[/url]

Because of the misspelling or because of the other “news” story happening today? :slight_smile:

The misspelling.

[quote="BeerNitLion, post:8, topic:2474"]That word is literally never used but in a sexual way. I think it would have probably been less cringe inducing to just say "Patrick Chambers introduced, PSU has Boner".[/quote]

Hey, this isn’t Two and Half Men here! (I heard that word, which utterance would still probably kill my mother, on that show in syndication at 6 pm the other night.)

What about Growing Pains? I apologize for being crude. Just thought it was funny they chose that word when many others could have been used and even fit better. I guess it is common when saying “aroused suspicion” but in any other way?

The question of administrative support was raised when Chambers met a few reporters after the announcement rodeo had subsided. The new coach, 40, immediately took the stance of the salesman he was and really still is: “We have everything we need. [b]This is nicer than Villanova.[/b]”
But here's an example of the way a can-do personality thinks: “Hey, it might happen again,” said Chambers. “This is a multi-use building. “I'm a solution-driven guy. Find solutions. What, are we gonna sit here and complain? Let's dwell on the solution.” Chambers told a story of practice in Villanova's Pavilion, not so affectionately known as The Ski Lodge by the locals for its odd angled, wood-planked roof and its drafty open area behind the student bleachers. “We'd be in practice and there's a softball practice going on behind the north bleachers. And all Jay Wright is hearing is softballs being pounded into the wall, pounded into the wall!”

[b]“Every coach in the country goes through something.[/b]”

Inconceivable! It’s just Penn State everyone, don’t listen to this guy… we are the only place where these things happen, just ask around!! :-*

I don’t think I’ve ever made a big deal out of the support (aside from paying assistants), and I like the way Chambers is addressing this.

And then there were three! ;D

The 2nd video is up on Scout.