PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Daily Games to Watch / Follow

This is kind of like the Opponent OOC and B10 thread except for all of college basketball. I’ll try to post games to watch or follow daily and hopefully we can discuss the games in here.

Day 1 (11/18):
Northwestern (1-0) vs. Butler (1-0) 8:00ET - Coble is out so Butler is most likely going to win this game - very solid team. This is the game of the day by a wide margin and it contains a B10 school.

Utah (0-1) vs Utah State (1-0) 8:00ET - Utah has already dropped a game and it doesn’t look to be that competitive this year, but on a night like this - this matchup makes the list.

Nevada (1-0) vs UNLV (1-0) 10:30ET - Both teams are going to be pretty competitive this year - Nevada is probably the front runner for the WAC over Utah State by a hair. A very good under the radar game here.

Upcoming PSU foe UMBC will be hosting Loyola (Md.) tonight and the game will be aired on MASN, (DT channel 640).

Utah beats Utah State by one point. Musta been crazy.

I forgot to do this for yesterday, but…

Day 2 (11/20)

#18 Dayton vs #5 Villanova (3ET) - Both coming off close games. Dayton beat a ranked GA Tech and Villanova slipped past George Mason. A good solid early season matchup in the Puerto Rico tip off.

#25 Syracuse vs #4 UNC (7ET ESPN2) - Syracuse destroyed #13 California and UNC almost blew a sizable lead to tOSU in the second half. Will the BE drop its first game of the season? This is the 2kSports Final.

Under the radar game:
Seton Hall @ Cornell (7ET) - Cornell is a very talented team, they won @ 'Bama to start the season. They look to repeat as Ivy League champs by returning their top 4 scorers. (I’m a little biased being a SHU fan here).

My Pirates went into Cornell and played pretty well. The lead was consistently around 15~ in the second half. Big win.

Day 3 (11/21):
Rider at Kentucky (1ET) - Rider beat Miss St. in Miss but then got killed by 30-40 against Virginia. Which team comes to play in this one?

Siena at Temple (7ET) - Two under the radar solid teams.

Not much happening tomorrow.

On CBS College Sports tonight @ 7 PM - Cancun Challenge - Virginia vs. Stanford

Good catch CAPPY…thanks.

So far Virginia has had their share of ups and downs. Lost to lowly South Florida, but destroyed Rider by 33, a week after Rider won at #18 Mississippi State. Also beat Oral Roberts pretty soundly, after ORU downed the same Stanford team that they play tonight. I know one thing about this game, Tony Bennett will have his boys playing sound defense.

Also tonight…

Wisconsin/Gonzaga in Maui semifinal - 9:30 on ESPN

And wow…how can I forget this one…

Wofford/Illinois - 9:45 on ESPNU…let me know what you jokers think of Illini freshmen Paul and Richardson.

Watched the VA/Stanford game. VA appears to be scoring challenged but they D up, bigtime. Brooks could have a potential big time game because I don’t think they have anyone that can cover him. Their guards didn’t look too quick either, but they did look pretty long.

They got 1 guy that can really score the basketball in Sylven Anderson (or somethign like that). Other than that, I didn’t see too much on the offensive end to be worried about. We’re going to have to crash the boards and play with some energy because Bennett has those guys playing hard on every possession.

It wouldn’t hurt to hit some 3’s…Stanford must have shot around 50% from the arc.

[quote="CAPPY, post:6, topic:275"]On CBS College Sports tonight @ 7 PM - Cancun Challenge - Virginia vs. Stanford[/quote]

Wofford/Illinois - 9:45 on ESPNU…let me know what you jokers think of Illini freshmen Paul and Richardson.

Was actually a pretty close game. Three point game at the half and close most of the second half

Checking things out for today-

UM loses to Marq

Duke over UConn

MSU down 36-38 at half to Florida
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=293310127

MSU down 3 to Florida with 1.27 left

still down 3 with 36 seconds left

Florida holds on for the win 77-74

[quote=“NGameday, post:10, topic:275”]Checking things out for today-

UM loses to Marq

Duke over UConn

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=293310127[/quote]

Um, what significance is this game to Penn State basketball?

Wouldn’t the game between Virginia Tech and Temple be more relevant to watch/follow?

or Minnesota’s game against Portland?

[quote="NGameday, post:10, topic:275"]Checking things out for today-

UM loses to Marq

Duke over UConn

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=293310127[/quote]

Um, what significance is this game to Penn State basketball?

Wouldn’t the game between Virginia Tech and Temple be more relevant to watch/follow?

or Minnesota’s game against Portland?

It was a big game, figured people might care about it even if it didn’t effect us. We talk about college basketball, figured I’d bring up a game against two top 20 teams.

Temple beat Va Tech 61-50 in the Philly Classic.

Northwestern knocked off Notre Dame 72 -58. Looks like Shurna is the go to guy with Coble out for the season.

Big Ten is going to have a long year in basketball…

MSU has no big guy and loses to unranked Florida
Michigan gets schooled by unranked Marquette
Minnesota loses to Portland…

[quote=“psusoccer16, post:18, topic:275”]Big Ten is going to have a long year in basketball…

MSU has no big guy and loses to unranked Florida
Michigan gets schooled by unranked Marquette
Minnesota loses to Portland…[/quote]

Those are 3 legit teams though. If you watched the UCLA-Portland game it shouldn’t have been a huge suprise. They can shoot the three and really ball. They’ll be in the field if they keep it up

Donovan might have known what he was doing with that little housecleaning…