PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

D Jones News

I saw this linked on BWI:

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2011/10/psu_hoops_gets_visits_from_dc.html

[quote=“Bulldog, post:1, topic:2726”]I saw this linked on BWI:

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2011/10/psu_ho
[/quote]

I assume you meant this link, which was already brought up in the recruiting thread, but is maybe worth it’s own thread.

I just get a kick out of the errantly pasted URL that leads with “PSU ho” :slight_smile:

[quote="Bulldog, post:1, topic:2726"]I saw this linked on BWI:

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2011/10/psu_ho
[/quote]

I assume you meant this link, which was already brought up in the recruiting thread, but is maybe worth it’s own thread.

Thanks. I fixed it. No idea what I did wrong.

LOVE TI!!! Pat shakin it up.

Now. of course, he still has to close the deal on one of these guys…

But still. LOVE IT. 8)

An article from a few months ago states that Britt/Jenkins are a package deal. Don’t think any of
the big boys will shy away from taking them both, though maybe Britt might want an assurance
that Jenkins will get PT and not end up riding pine…

http://www.thesportsfannetwork.com/articles/4962-gonzagas-britt-jenkins-talk-recruiting/

I chalk this little visit up to teens being teens and wanting a chance to experience a Penn State football weekend…not much else. Though maybe Chambers can shock the world. At least some of the top dogs are listening to what PC is shouting out. It’s a great sign for this program.

ED had some good players on campus too. But you almost got the feeling that a lot of them were there for a free football game. This has a different feel to it. Of course it still doesn’t make a bit of difference unless PC can close the deal on some of these kids. How cool would it be to beat out Duke and UNC for a player? I can’t help but think that all we need is for just one of those kids to show up and many more will follow. Just get that first one PC.

15 Kids in one weekend? Gotta love it. I’m digging all this recruiting news. With Ed and Jerry once the season was over wouldn’t hear much at all until the following fall.

Thought it was necessary to see exactly how good this guy who was on campus is.

Nate Britt 2013 Part 1 of 2

Noticed he shoots the majority of his floaters/layups with his right, but shoots a left-handed jumper. Ridiculously quick.

Interesting glancing blow about ruffling feathers in the lede with no details, then on to recruiting news. Wonder what the feathers are?

Jeez, he’s good.

Pat or Dave? :wink:

Heard that Roy Williams made a trip to Britt’s hs last week to offer him. The fact that he still made a visit to psu a few days later is great. The kid plays right in the middle of dc and pat knows he is jumping right into a major big east/acc recruitng battle. And he doesn’t care. This is what I love about his attitude and why I think he will have a lot of success here in a short amount of time. There never was a reason to shy away from these recruits

Agreed. Even if this kid was offered by Roy Williams (and it appears that happened on the 5th)… just to have him mention PSU and go on a visit can’t be a bad thing, kwim? Just to have PSU mentioned in the mix for this kid is the start of having people rethink their perception of PSU bball. All it takes is ONE to commit and others that follow will take notice. I don’t know if we have any shot in heck of getting this kid, but to have a blue chip step on campus has GOT to be a morale booster! I think we’re at least two years out before getting a commit from a bigger ‘hot’ name personally. But I’d love to be proven wrong! ;D

He is great!!!..and Jenkins looks very good also. Reminds me of Mele.

WOW!
I’m sure this is a long shot. We can dream and maybe someday the dream will come true.

I feel confident that Coach Chambers will get a big time recruit to sign here some day. I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later.

[quote=“Duff, post:16, topic:2726”]WOW!
I’m sure this is a long shot. We can dream and maybe someday the dream will come true.[/quote]
The Gonzaga pair look and sound amazing. They would start on day 1, there is no doubt about that - and they would be a star in the Big Ten as a freshman. It’s hard to say exactly what each kid wants, let’s hope they saw what he wanted when they made this visit. If not, no harm in losing a recruiting battle to that company.

If PSU should land a talent like Britt, they might have to deal with someone who will leave early for the NBA (if there is an NBA)…Now that’s a problem I wish we would have to deal with :slight_smile:

Assistant coach Keith Urgo used to coach at Gonzaga HS, so I’m sure that connection helps. I presume Urgo is our recruiter for the DC-Baltimore metroplex.