Curley interview in CDT

Curley supports direction of program.

Nothing to see here folks move along :’(

I really don’t want to hear the AD making fan-level excuses as to why the program isn’t doing well.

Status quo interview. But I would not expect anything different.

"So we’re going to continue to work real hard to try to improve the “Ws” and continue to support him with the overall program that he’s running, because I think it’s one of the best in the country. "

“We both realize that winning is important and trying to reach those goals, that’s kind of the measuring stick these days, but I just like everything his program stands for.”

::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile:

I thought he dropped the ball when talking about the weight room, practice court, etc. that they could be better. Then make them better!

Apparently, the direction Corley loves is SOUTH

Amounts to nothing more than a vote of confidence IMO - if they underperform again next season I believe Ed’s gone…and by underperforming I mean they miss a newly expanded NCAA tourney. You could argue that it’s overdue - heck, you may be right…but at this point another losing season in the big ten with senior laden and talented team means Ed will be done.

Of course, that’s IMO - we’ll see. And I think we’ve got the horses to put together a nice year next season, so my point may be moot…which will also mean that he’ll be give 2 more years…

:wink:

I think it was a good interview. I think Curley makes a good point that the two .500 seasons could have been tournament teams if Morrissey and Claxton didn’t have season ending injuries.

And if Michigan State and WVU didn’t lose their point guards to serious injuries, they may have made the final four.

Oh wait.

Excuses, excuses, excuses…(from Curley, not you)

[quote="PSUChamp08, post:9, topic:1090"]I think it was a good interview. I think Curley makes a good point that the two .500 seasons could have been tournament teams if Morrissey and Claxton didn't have season ending injuries.[/quote]

And if Michigan State and WVU didn’t lose their point guards to serious injuries, they may have made the final four.

Oh wait.

Injuries are a part of the game.

Excuses, excuses, excuses...(from Curley, not you)

Yeah Curley, not me. It’s not really an excuse, it’s reality. It’s what happened. How can you punish a coach for players getting injured? Coach has no control over that.

Yes, injuries are a reality and part of the game.

Just some programs overcome. The fact PSU can lose one player and have the season come to a screeching halt is not something that should be ho-hummed dismissed as bad luck. MSU and WVU lost their star PGs, and didn’t skip a beat.

[quote="PSUChamp08, post:9, topic:1090"]I think it was a good interview. I think Curley makes a good point that the two .500 seasons could have been tournament teams if Morrissey and Claxton didn't have season ending injuries.[/quote]

Oh wait.

Injuries are a part of the game.

Excuses, excuses, excuses...(from Curley, not you)

Yeah Curley, not me. It’s not really an excuse, it’s reality. It’s what happened. How can you punish a coach for players getting injured? Coach has no control over that.

I could maybe by the Claxton one but the Morrissey I am not buying, I am sure stats could figure it out if it would have mattered.

[quote=“Tom, post:12, topic:1090”]Yes, injuries are a reality and part of the game.

Just some programs overcome. The fact PSU can lose one player and have the season come to a screeching halt is not something that should be ho-hummed dismissed as bad luck. MSU and WVU lost their star PGs, and didn’t skip a beat.[/quote]

I thought they both lost yesterday. ???

[quote="Tom, post:12, topic:1090"]Yes, injuries are a reality and part of the game.

Just some programs overcome. The fact PSU can lose one player and have the season come to a screeching halt is not something that should be ho-hummed dismissed as bad luck. MSU and WVU lost their star PGs, and didn’t skip a beat.[/quote]

I thought they both lost yesterday. ???

MSU lost while having their star pg. When Kalin was out, they won every game.

And WVU made it to the final four… hard to chastise them.

Disappointed Jeff Rice didn’t ask him what he expected from fans with such little success.

I can’'t even get past Curley’s first answer. He brings up 2006 as if we were a shoe-in had Morrissey not gotten hurt. What? This guy’s excuses don’t even pass the smell test anymore

Funny how really solid teams don’t use that excuse. MSU lost their key player, Purdue lost their key player, and many teams could point to academics, injuries, etc that held them back. However, if you are deep enough and have recruited well, you can overcome these problems which are not unique to PSU

[quote="mjg, post:14, topic:1090"]I thought they both lost yesterday. ???[/quote] MSU lost while having their star pg. When Kalin was out, they won every game.

Perhaps he was playing hurt and wasn’t 100%.

[quote="mjg, post:14, topic:1090"]I thought they both lost yesterday. ???[/quote] MSU lost while having their star pg. When Kalin was out, they won every game.

Perhaps he was playing hurt and wasn’t 100%.

Am I misreading this? Are you guys saying Kalin Lucas played against Butler last night? So the recoverly time on a ruptured Achilles tendon is just a couple of weeks now? ???