PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Curley comments on ED

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/blogs.detail/display/5049/PSU-AD-Curley-gives-DeChellis-vote-of-confidence–says-he-did–fantastic-job-.html

I wish “fantastic” was saved for Sweet 16s and Final Fours.

That’s good to see.

+1

Yeah…I’m not a big fan of the ol’ vote of confidence thing…

this was straight from a radio interview he did with Giger. Giger threw him cream puff questions.

It was pretty simple stuff but why is there even an article it? He asked him bunch questions that are left out of the article about Sanderson, Lady Lions, picking coaches when jobs are open.

[quote=“PSUdraw, post:5, topic:2226”]this was straight from a radio interview he did with Giger. Giger threw him cream puff questions.

It was pretty simple stuff but why is there even an article it? He asked him bunch questions that are left out of the article about Sanderson, Lady Lions, picking coaches when jobs are open.[/quote]

It’s Giger trying to be controversial. He’s making a blog post out of it because he knows it will get a rise out of a portion of the fan base. It’s a little bit sneaky if you ask me. Why not put up a clip of the whole interview and let people listen to the interview in its entirety? Excerpting just the comments about basketball says there’s an ulterior motive at work. This kind of stuff is one of the reasons why I took exception to his one time post here.

[quote=“PSUdraw, post:5, topic:2226”]this was straight from a radio interview he did with Giger. Giger threw him cream puff questions.

It was pretty simple stuff but why is there even an article it? He asked him bunch questions that are left out of the article about Sanderson, Lady Lions, picking coaches when jobs are open.[/quote]Stilll waiting for DJ to ask him some real questions. He’s prob one of the few with the ballz to do it

i agree that Giger definitely is being agenda based with the comments. He is definitely pushing his outside the family slant to all hires. It was funny listening to Curley answer to how PSU got Sanderson.

Say what you want about Curley, but we are winning championships in several sports. He must be doing something right.

If these are unfair excerpts, is there a link to the entire interview?

[quote="PSUdraw, post:5, topic:2226"]this was straight from a radio interview he did with Giger. Giger threw him cream puff questions.

It was pretty simple stuff but why is there even an article it? He asked him bunch questions that are left out of the article about Sanderson, Lady Lions, picking coaches when jobs are open.[/quote]

It’s Giger trying to be controversial. He’s making a blog post out of it because he knows it will get a rise out of a portion of the fan base. It’s a little bit sneaky if you ask me. Why not put up a clip of the whole interview and let people listen to the interview in its entirety? Excerpting just the comments about basketball says there’s an ulterior motive at work. This kind of stuff is one of the reasons why I took exception to his one time post here.

Couldn’t agree more, Lar. I heard the interview. Giger covered a number of topics, then when he got to men’s basketball, prefaced his questions by saying he was now supportive of Ed staying since they made the tournament. Now he writes a blog post with that headline to drum up callers for tomorrow’s show. It’s a little bit sneaky is right.

I would love for us to have a successful basketball program. We just have to wait and see what the effects of the NCAA Tournament will be.

I think Curley use of “Fantastic” is what really people will be upset. If used the word “great” or even “terrific”, couldn’t get the play like Giger is going to get out it.

[quote="PSUdraw, post:5, topic:2226"]this was straight from a radio interview he did with Giger. Giger threw him cream puff questions.

He must be reading the forum. He’s edited his blog post and added a link to his whole show.

It was a fantastic season. People expected us to have a terrible Big 10 season, and we ended up with a winning record and in the tourney. You really have to be a negative person to be picking apart Curley’s comments.

But when played along side Curley’s comments after last season…

I noticed the other day that when they break the director’s cup down between women’s and men’s sports, we’re in first place for the women’s rankings. We all know that TC’s goal has been to succeed in the director’s cup standings. He’s clearly getting the job done there. The fact that it’s at the expense of Men’s hoops is what bothers most of us here, but I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

We’ve made some fairly high-profile coaching changes the last 5 years or so. Wrestling paid off big-time… Coquese looks to have turned the corner for the women (BTW… I was saddened by the loss last night, but when you look at the talent on that team who are Soph and Frosh, their best days are ahead of them yet) and we’ll see on Soccer and Lacrosse. It seems like about the only sport that hasn’t seen a transformation of some kind is Men’s hoops. (…and women’s volleyball and football, but nothing needs fixed there)

Fixed it for you :slight_smile:

This should be the norm, the expectation, the goal; not a once-in-a-decade surprise or flash-in-the-pan.

We are, and will be, experiencing 2001-03 all over again.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

It was a fantastic season. People expected us to have a terrible Big 10 season, and [b]we ended up with a winning record and in the tourney[/b]. You really have to be a negative person to be picking apart Curley's comments.

This should be the norm, the expectation, the goal; not a once-in-a-decade surprise or flash-in-the-pan.

We are, and will be, experiencing 2001-03 all over again.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Exactly