PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Crowds for the rest of the season

I think we can now reasonably assume the the last 4 home games will have huge turnouts. The students will be out in force and the casual fan’s interest has been captured at this point. Yesterday, 2 great things happened…the boys beat a team they havent beaten in forever (who would have been a top ten on Monday if we hadn’t beaten them) and they finally got over the hump in that big home game where the crowd showed up to see what they have. With 2 of the 4 remaining games on Sunday afternoons and 1 of the 4 being Senior night against a potential undefeated no. 1…I suggest getting your tickets well in advance. Great work fellas! You make us proud to be PSU fans!

I hope so…yesterday’s crowd was certainly helped by the CVC promotion.

A game on Superbowl Sunday will probably not have the best turnout.

That’s a noon game at least. It’ll be long over before Super Bowl parties begin

Hopefully it goes better than the Super Bowl Sunday game against Indiana in the BJC in 98 or 99 (I’m pretty sure it was 98). That game was one of the most heartbreaking games of my four year up there. I remember that game having a great crowd, so I don’t think the Superbowl itself will keep people home if we continue winning.

[quote="zac1397, post:3, topic:1864"]A game on Superbowl Sunday will probably not have the best turnout.[/quote]

Hopefully it goes better than the Super Bowl Sunday game against Indiana in the BJC in 98 or 99 (I’m pretty sure it was 98). That game was one of the most heartbreaking games of my four year up there. I remember that game having a great crowd, so I don’t think the Superbowl itself will keep people home if we continue winning.

If i’m not mistaken however, just a couple of years ago we had a big superbowl sunday win the same day the Steelers won the superbowl.

How about a little history repeating itself this year? :slight_smile:

[quote="zac1397, post:3, topic:1864"]A game on Superbowl Sunday will probably not have the best turnout.[/quote] Hopefully it goes better than the Super Bowl Sunday game against Indiana in the BJC in 98 or 99 (I'm pretty sure it was 98). That game was one of the most heartbreaking games of my four year up there. I remember that game having a great crowd, so I don't think the Superbowl itself will keep people home if we continue winning.
I thought I had erased the double-OT "A.J. Guyton" game from my memory. Also frats you're right, 2 seasons ago PSU won in East Lansing on Super Bowl Sunday.

Ohio State and Minnesota will be packed, and the other two games are weekend games, one against Michigan. Should be solid turnouts.

The Ohio State game will be absolutely nuts if Penn State is still in contention. Imagine Talor Battle’s Senior Night against #1, undefeated Ohio State. A win would almost certainly lock up a bid (much like Illinois in 08-09, but more-so). I would kill to see that game live.

[quote=“noobd, post:8, topic:1864”]Ohio State and Minnesota will be packed, and the other two games are weekend games, one against Michigan. Should be solid turnouts.

The Ohio State game will be absolutely nuts if Penn State is still in contention. Imagine Talor Battle’s Senior Night against #1, undefeated Ohio State. A win would almost certainly lock up a bid (much like Illinois in 08-09, but more-so). I would kill to see that game live.[/quote]

No need for murder! Buy a ticket and take a mini-vacation to State College. When PSU pulls the upset, you’ll be glad you did!

(DISCLAIMER: blue2blue and his affiliates accept no responsibility if PSU gets crushed by Ohio State in that game).

I believe the game is on a weekday. I could always skip class. :wink:

[quote="zac1397, post:3, topic:1864"]A game on Superbowl Sunday will probably not have the best turnout.[/quote]

If i’m not mistaken however, just a couple of years ago we had a big superbowl sunday win the same day the Steelers won the superbowl.

How about a little history repeating itself this year? :slight_smile:

That was the game at MSU. That was just an awesome day.