PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Credit to OSU board

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3156&t=7237658&p=1

I only read one guy who’s post was way out of whack regarding PSU’s offense. Buckeye fans are nervous about this one…They seem well educated for the most part. I’ve read too many other teams’ boards this year that were completely incorrect regarding PSU. OSU fans seem to have it together.

The numbers 69-66 (in Columbus no less) will do that to a team’s fan base.

If you watched the game, it didn’t look like it was a fluke that it was close either. If Battle had even a decent shooting night, PSU wins, maybe even easily.

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:2, topic:2029"]The numbers 69-66 (in Columbus no less) will do that to a team's fan base.[/quote] If you watched the game, it didn't look like it was a fluke that it was close either. If Battle had even a decent shooting night, PSU wins, maybe even easily.

And it was a game plan that ignored the at-the-time relatively unknown Aaron Craft

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:2, topic:2029"]The numbers 69-66 (in Columbus no less) will do that to a team's fan base.[/quote] If you watched the game, it didn't look like it was a fluke that it was close either. If Battle had even a decent shooting night, PSU wins, maybe even easily.

And it was a game plan that ignored the at-the-time relatively unknown Aaron Craft

Not sure it ignored him, we just chose to make him beat us rather than the other 4 guys (specifically Sullinger) on the court. A decision a lot of teams are still choosing to go with, and i wouldn’t be surprised to see us do to some degree tonight again.

Agree you have to give help on Sullinger inside, but the thing that bothered me about helping off Craft is he had way too many looks from straight-away. IMO the easiest 3 in college basketball is from the top of the key. In those situations, I’d like to see us rotate rather than just dare him to beat us from that spot.

Spot on. If I know who Aaron Craft is going into the game, then so does a Big Ten coaching staff and team. But hey, if you give a 39% 3PT shooter wide open looks theres a good chance they knock 'em down.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:5, topic:2029"]Not sure it ignored him, we just chose to make him beat us rather than the other 4 guys (specifically Sullinger) on the court. A decision a lot of teams are still choosing to go with, and i wouldn't be surprised to see us do to some degree tonight again.[/quote] Agree you have to give help on Sullinger inside, but the thing that bothered me about helping off Craft is he had way too many looks from straight-away. IMO the easiest 3 in college basketball is from the top of the key. In those situations, I'd like to see us rotate rather than just dare him to beat us from that spot.
I always thought the "foul line extended" was a much easier shot than straight-away. But, I think, it would be a personal choice.

I’d just like to see us mix up who we are sending at Sullinger tonight to double. Seemed like we ONLY sent Frazier to leave Craft last time, that becomes very easy to pass out of for Sully. Bring the double from 3 different places depending on where he’s catching the ball and maybe we create some turnovers out of it rather than just giving up wide open looks at the 3. You’re still going to give up open shots because you’re doubling, but at least make them work a bit harder for them tonight.

I would guess that’s the plan tonight. That and perhaps some more zone this time.

Didn’t we have one time in the game where Talor was left guarding Battleship Sully? I think it was really late in the game.