Cornley and Morrissey

saw them both sitting courtside, and saw Cornley sitting courtside at the OSU game. Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I’m wondering why he is in town?

I think Mel got cut due to lingering knee issues and maybe they were both in town because they’re from Ohio?

Mel was rocking the NIT ring.

Mel is in S.C. rehabbing his bad knee.

I hear that they were handing out buckeyes (horse chestnuts) to youngsters. :-\

Just curious…

Anyone have a list of former players that now live in State College.

[quote=“Speed, post:5, topic:898”]Just curious…

Anyone have a list of former players that now live in State College.[/quote]

Brian Allen, Dan McKenna, Glen Sekunda, Mark DuMars, just to name a few that I know of.
Dan Earl too. :slight_smile:

Anyone have a list of former players that now live in State College.[/quote]I’m guessing Nate Althouse. I see him at most of the games.

[quote="Speed, post:5, topic:898"]Just curious...

Anyone have a list of former players that now live in State College.[/quote]I’m guessing Nate Althouse. I see him at most of the games.

Correct, and Tyler Smith lives in the S.C. area when he is not playing hoops overseas.

Does MacDougald go to games? I thought I saw him at the MSU game.

Not sure about him but C.J. Johnson does and I am pretty sure he also lives in S.C.

Along with Joe Crispin.

[quote="JakkL, post:9, topic:898"]Does MacDougald go to games? I thought I saw him at the MSU game.[/quote]

Not sure about him but C.J. Johnson does and I am pretty sure he also lives in S.C.

C.J. is a vice principal at State College High School.

I’m pretty sure Jeff Miller lives in town too.

Jason hasn’t been back in a while. Don’t think that was him.

Others - going back a few years.

Ron Avillion (1963-65) passed away recently but he was a long time State College resident.
Bill Young (1967-69) lives close enough to be a season ticket holder and attend most games.
Dick Barvinchak (1973) moved back a few years ago.
Randy Meister’s (1973-75) kids went to State High so I assume he’s here.
Tom Daley (1968-70) has lived in town for ages.

No wonder why PSU played so well…

Anyone have a list of former players that now live in State College.[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote=“LPcreation, post:2, topic:898”]I think Mel got cut due to lingering knee issues and maybe they were both in town because they’re from Ohio?

Mel was rocking the NIT ring.[/quote]

Also, Morrissey’s back home in Cleveland but engaged to a girl who’s in Hershey so State College is a convenient meeting place.

I forgot to mention this on the forum when I saw it on TV. It looked like Cornley was caught on TV while talking to a lady sitting behind him.

When he was courtside, it looked like Geary Claxton was sitting next to him. Does anyone have the game recorded? can they identify the guy next to him?

[quote="llevis, post:1, topic:898"]saw them both sitting courtside, and saw Cornley sitting courtside at the OSU game. Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I'm wondering why he is in town?[/quote]

I forgot to mention this on the forum when I saw it on TV. It looked like Cornley was caught on TV while talking to a lady sitting behind him.

When he was courtside, it looked like Geary Claxton was sitting next to him. Does anyone have the game recorded? can they identify the guy next to him?

It wasn’t Claxton. If it had been, they would have put him on the screen too.