PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Congrats to the great Talor Battle

You ARE the leading scorer in the history of Penn State Basketball!

Talor Battle is Penn State’s all-time leading scorer. I never thought that Jesse Arnelle record would fall.

Thread title is misspelled. Should say greatest.

Talor has now accomplished everything I wanted him to except for one thing, he needs to play in the NCAA tournament. Coming into this season I wasn’t sure if he would break the scoring record of if we would go to the NCAA Tournament. We are very close now. I don’t know if we are in yet, but if we keep winning we will be in. Congratulations to you Talor Battle.

Awesome. What a fantastic player he has been for four years.

Cool he got it on such a big shot.

;D congrats talor

It has been an absolute privilege watching Talor’s growth and development as both a player and a person during his 4 years at PSU. Congratulations and a big thank you to Talor and his family. I hope they have enjoyed the ride as much as I have.

I’m so happy for Talor! A few months ago I told him he wouldn’t do it unless he made the NCAA’s, but so pleased to be wrong.

Greetings from the Big Ten Tournament PSUHoops.com. I hope they make the final now 'cause some disgruntled Illini fan just sold me his fatcat row 14 seat for the championship game.

Go Lions!

I’m just glad that tonight’s game was Talor-made and not Taylor-made ;D

To the friends and family (therealtruth) of Talor Battle who swing by this site from time to time, please send our regards to Talor and the boys. They earned this win tonight and hopefully have punched their ticket.

Still have some work to do this weekend, however.

On to Michigan State.

Nice coincidence.

Tonight Jimmer Fredette passed Danny Ainge as BYU’s all time leading scorer.

Nice night for the boys from Albany.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:11, topic:2096”]Nice coincidence.

Nice night for the boys from Albany.[/quote]

+1!

I’m gonna miss that guy.

Wow

+2

Congrats Talor - it’s been a real pleasure to watch you wear the blue and white these past four years. Now go and give Sparty hell!

;D

Congratulations Talor.

What’s nice about having watched him for 4 years is the fact that he has always been a super ambassador of PSU on and off the court.

When I think about my years working in Albany and being invited to see a son’s friend play, on CBA, v. Maginn in Dec ‘05, at the Armory(where the Patroons play), I sort of felt like the guy who saw the 11 yr. old barefoot soccer player dazzling 15 yr. olds in the street in Brazil, who said, “I have found greatness.” Of course, that was Pele. When I saw a skinny kid hitting 25’ jumpers, running off downscreens, out past the arc, catching, turning and shooting, I was amazed. A 17 year old? He had 35 points that night. Triple teamed at halfcourt at the end, he made a pass to win the game. I couldn’t wait to see him again. I went every Tuesday after that for 2 years, plus post season, and was never disappointed.

The one game which really stood out was the '07 state championship game vs. Mt. Vernon. MV had Mike Coburn, Sherrod Wright and Kevin Jones, all playing DI. As I had grown up seeing MV, a school which had probably put 7 guys into the pros in 25 years(Gus Williams, Ben Gordon, Earl Tatum, McCray’s, e.g.), I was expecting a blowout win by them. A 4,000 student school vs. a 600 student school. MV had won 8 state championships in 25 years. Known for their full court press( I saw them crush Sebastian Telfair’s Lincoln team 3-4 years earlier), Talor cut it to shreds, blowing by them, almost gracefully, like Baryshnikov(see Seton Hall game, '07). 5 minutes in, I knew we had a game. Fans next to me asked, “where’s that kid going? He’s the best player on the court.” Maginn bigs couldn’t handle Kevin Jones, 29 pts., 17 rebounds, MV prevailing 68-65, but Talor was the best player on the court.

Congratulations Talor!! I cannot even put into words how awesome it was for you to break the record on such an important shot! Definitely will be a lifelong memory for me.

Kid -

Despite the grief you sometimes get for your high school ‘reporting’ I appreciated the updates on Talor and Taran, and grew more and more excited as the likelihood of their commitment to PSU grew. I know you have a sense of ownership on those updates, and a particular sense of pride at Talor’s achievements, as well as a transcendent hope that Taran turns things around and becomes the player we all hope he will be.

So, fwiw, thanks.