PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Congrats Tim!

1st team all b10 ;D

Nice! Well deserved!

Good for Tim and the program. Well deserved, indeed.

I was really worried that the media would overlook him.

I think the B1G coaches are crazy, but I’m kind of glad for the snub.

He’s got another year to remember that they didn’t vote for him and shove it down their throats. And their baskets.

[quote=“blue2blue, post:2, topic:3151”]Nice! Well deserved!

8)[/quote]

DITTO! :slight_smile:

[quote=“bstanf, post:4, topic:3151”]I think the B1G coaches are crazy, but I’m kind of glad for the snub.

He’s got another year to remember that they didn’t vote for him and shove it down their throats. And their baskets.[/quote]
I thought the vote would have gone the other way, was shocked to see Taylor 1st team. But Tim had a hell of a season. Maybe payback time starts Thursday. :wink:

Only 6th Nittany Lion to receive 1st team. Puts him in pretty good company, I’d say.

Congrats, Tim!

Anyone know who the other 5 were? I’d think Battle and Crispin for sure, but after that I’d have to really guess. Booth? Lisicky? Earl?

Very well deserved. The kid is not only one of the best in the B10 but in the entire country.

Brian Siegrist ‏ @PSUSTRETCH

Tim Frazier named FIRST TEAM ALL-BIG TEN by conference media. 6th 1st team selection for #PennState. Also named to All-Defensive Team. #B1G

Great to see/hear props for Timmy - finally.

To think, he has even more of his game to improve. If he makes more improvements next year, he’ll be excellent.

total lists:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/big10/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/B1GMBB12Awards.pdf

Only 6th Nittany Lion to receive 1st team.

Anyone know who the other 5 were? I’d think Battle and Crispin for sure, but after that I’d have to really guess. Booth? Lisicky? Earl?

In 1995, Amaechi became Penn State’s initial First-Team All-Big Ten selection

Also it is 6 different people but 7 times we have had an All-Big Ten. Battle did it in 2009 and 2011

Only 6th Nittany Lion to receive 1st team.

Amaechi, Gaudio, Stephens, Crispin, and Battle.

Booth was defensive player of the year but not first team.

Lisicky and Earl were second team.

[quote="MarkH, post:7, topic:3151"]Only 6th Nittany Lion to receive 1st team.[/quote]

Amaechi, Gaudio, Stephens, Crispin, and Battle.

Booth was defensive player of the year but not first team.

Lisicky and Earl were second team.

Jarrett Stephens was a rebounding and scoring machine, and I don’t think he took more than 10 shots farther than five feet away from the hoop in his entire career.

Agreed, by the end of his senior season Jarrett actually started to step out and shoot the 3 a little in the BTT and NIT - but you’re right he had unbelievable hands, a soft touch and prior to the knee injury was incredibly explosive. One of the best I’ve ever seen at using the rim to protect his shot on reverse layups. Stephens and Battle remain as the only PSU players to be named 1st-team All-Big10 by both the coaches and media (I don’t think they had separate media and coaches teams when Amaechi was a 1st-teamer in '95). Also Frazier and Battle are the only non-seniors to be named 1st-team all-conf.

Absolutely well deserved.

Next year it’s All American.

Penn State’s Tim Frazier emerges as one of the Big Ten’s best guards

Penn State Men’s Hoops - Tim Frazier 2012 All-Big Ten First Team

Quick thought about Timmy. I know it won’t happen, but imagine this…

Timmy takes a redshirt next season. The team learns to step it up in his absence and improves all around. He returns for the '13-'14 season, with the entire team intact.

How good would they be?