PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

CONFIRMED: Trey Lewis granted release

Remember, transfers happen.

Not sure how I want to react to this yet. I am seeing both sides and arguments.

I agree and know they do. Still Tom doesn’t this one seem strange to you? or concerning?

None of us know what went on behind doors and practice. I’m assuming PC and TL didn’t see eye to eye. PC has shown the ability to recruit and these transfers are Ed’s recruits. If these were PC’s guys jumping ship I would start to worry a bit :wink:

Remember, transfers happen.

I agree and know they do. Still Tom doesn’t this one seem strange to you? or concerning?

Yes and no. We know Lewis committed to ED. We know PC is night and day different in personality and style than Lewis ED. We know PC had Lewis in the doghouse for a while. Maybe things just didn’t mesh.

I was just about to make a post on the McLover thread but decided not to. Now, I have to.

I was about to comment on team chemistry. It’s tough to go through the type of season that Penn State just experienced. I was hoping that it would not effect the team, but perhaps it has.

One of the things that really caught my attention was a comment made before on of the last Penn State games, I don’t remember if it was the tourny game or the one at Michigan. They were talking about Ross Travis and how he was fired up for the game. The commentators said something to the effect of “he was getting into it with one of the walk-ons during the shoot around”.

That never makes for good team chemistry.

Individually, these events do not matter much. Collectively, I am troubled.

It seemed early on Ed’s roster was in constant turmoil. The turnover really hurt as it seemed he was always missing pieces and trying to catch up by either having a shallow bench or trying to plug in guys that weren’t quite ready. It really slowed the overall growth of the program. I hope we’re not seeing the same thing with PC. I’m not overly concerned yet, but if we continue to have defections into next year and beyond, I’ll be concerned…a lot.

Great poInts. That calms me down a little. I just hope this is it

[quote="Tom, post:21, topic:3181"]Remember, transfers happen.[/quote]

Yes and no. We know Lewis committed to ED. We know PC is night and day different in personality and style than Lewis. We know PC had Lewis in the doghouse for a while. Maybe things just didn’t mesh.

Lewis was tight with the entire team. He’s really good friends with DJ Newbill and has been Akosa’s ‘mentor’ if you will this season.

While I agree that Lewis will likely be better than Glover, the Glover transfer surprised me more than this.

So should we now worry about Akosa? He has not yet signed his LOI.

My biggest concern going forward…who’s the backup PG?

Quotes from Trey and Coach

https://twitter.com/ben_jones88/status/180466557204443136

http://t.co/GE2JmkmY

Collella

[quote author=jjepsu92 link=topic=3274.msg86586#msg86586 date=1331861974]

My biggest concern going forward...who's the backup PG?
Collella [/quote

Newbill will run the point before Collella

[quote=“cale1510, post:33, topic:3181”]Quotes from Trey and Coach

https://twitter.com/ben_jones88/status/180466557204443136[/quote]
That reads to me as a carefrontation. So we carefronted a good prospect and a kid who was never given a shot.

Lewis was tight with the entire team. He's really good friends with DJ Newbill and has been Akosa's 'mentor' if you will this season.
So should we now worry about Akosa? He has not yet signed his LOI.

Akosa followed Chambers here.

[quote="eric17, post:29, topic:3181"]Lewis was tight with the entire team. He's really good friends with DJ Newbill and has been Akosa's 'mentor' if you will this season.[/quote] So should we now worry about Akosa? He has not yet signed his LOI.

Akosa followed Chambers here.

Hasn’t signed his LOI yet.
[quote="cale1510, post:33, topic:3181"]Quotes from Trey and Coach

https://twitter.com/ben_jones88/status/180466557204443136[/quote]
That reads to me as a carefrontation. So we carefronted a good prospect and a kid who was never given a shot.

Reads to me like a Hollywood divorce would…“irreconcilable differences”

Well Chambers has been given a tough job. He made a tough decision here I think, like it or not. Don’t think this was Trey’s play.

Think Chambers is going to be the type that does everything within the rules to get the job done, like some of the tactics or not.