PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

CONFIRMED: Trey Lewis granted release

Several “sources” from Ohio, as well as High Major Scoop, are reporting that he’s been granted his release. Can anyone corroborate?

UPDATE, as of 8:13pm, the Collegian has confirmed it. They spoke with Trey over the phone. Best of luck, man.

Wow, didn’t see this one coming.

Already on it.

NO WAY.

I like Trey’s potential.

It is a good thing that Ed is not still around, this board would be in a “meltdown”, now it is just a roster adjustment. But, in all seriousness, Pat needs some roster space to build his own team, six new players and few open scholarships would put him in a rebuilding hole. Good luck Pat in building your team.

This is bad news. There’s raw material there. This seems like it’s coming from PC - admittedly I’m on the outside (waaaayyyy outside), but from that perspective that’s what it seems. I understand the desire to build a team that’ll fit your mold - I just can’t see how Lewis doesn’t. If he had some issues this year with intensity, a lot of that comes from immaturity…that’s part of a coaches job to work that out. Injuries certainly played a part as well.

This type of extreme turnover wasn’t good for Ed, and I fail to see how it’ll be good for Chambers.

:frowning:

Just to keep a running total, this year’s defections/rumored defections:

Glover,
Alexis,

perhaps Lewis…

[quote=“pennst92, post:6, topic:3181”]This is bad news. There’s raw material there. This seems like it’s coming from PC - admittedly I’m on the outside (waaaayyyy outside), but from that perspective that’s what it seems. I understand the desire to build a team that’ll fit your mold - I just can’t see how Lewis doesn’t. If he had some issues this year with intensity, a lot of that comes from immaturity…that’s part of a coaches job to work that out. Injuries certainly played a part as well.

This type of extreme turnover wasn’t good for Ed, and I fail to see how it’ll be good for Chambers.

:([/quote]

Pat seemed happy with his effort at the end of the year. Could be a PC move but not for effort.

[quote=“pennst92, post:6, topic:3181”]This is bad news. There’s raw material there. This seems like it’s coming from PC - admittedly I’m on the outside (waaaayyyy outside), but from that perspective that’s what it seems. I understand the desire to build a team that’ll fit your mold - I just can’t see how Lewis doesn’t. If he had some issues this year with intensity, a lot of that comes from immaturity…that’s part of a coaches job to work that out. Injuries certainly played a part as well.

:([/quote]

How about we wait and see if this is true before we get angry? That seems reasonable…right?!

Let’s not jump off the deep end here, at this point it’s still a rumor. While I did see a potential playing time crunch amongst the guards that was down the road. Lewis has a head start on the recruits coming in and shouldn’t have to worry at this point.

It is not a rumor.

All I can say is wow. 4 schollies available next year, and 3 for 2013. We are actively pursuing a ton of prospects in 2013, and I guess this just confirms that we will be getting a few.

After the game against Michigan, I was comparing Lewis to Burke and wondered how we would view them in 4 years. I thought Burke might be gone early, but that Lewis would probably graduate. Never thought Lewis would be gone after one year.

Guys -

I’m not angry, and my post wasn’t deep end material. It was actually a fairly thought out post.

Ed went through this same situation and it put him 3 years behind the 8 ball. It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out, and what the impetus was for granting his release.

So when Alexis asked for his release some said he didn’t have Big 10 potential although we never saw him play.

Are the same people going to say the same about Trey?

This isn’t looking good. From a guy PC was touting at the beginning of the year to this.

[quote=“pennst92, post:14, topic:3181”]Guys -

I’m not angry, and my post wasn’t deep end material. It was actually a fairly thought out post.

Ed went through this same situation and it put him 3 years behind the 8 ball. It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out, and what the impetus was for granting his release.[/quote]

One huge difference is that no one who has left this time is projected as a starter next year (my projections anyway). I would guess Frazier, Newbill, Marshall, Graham and probably Travis or maybe Taylor. Our problem is that we only have 4 guards** now. Travis might need to spend time at the 3. And I’m not sure who backs up Frazier (not that he leaves the court much). I hope PC has some players on the way that we don’t know about.

** I should clarify that we only have 4 guards recruited as scholarship players. Nick is still an option next year and can give us quality minutes.

[quote=“pennst92, post:14, topic:3181”]Guys -

Ed went through this same situation and it put him 3 years behind the 8 ball. It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out, and what the impetus was for granting his release.[/quote]

I’d hate to see Trey go. He reminds me of the Sharif departure. Not the one I’d pick to go.

Well this isn’t great news but there was the part in the year that we weren’t sure if Trey was in the Dog house or hurt. Makes me wonder if it was more dog house. We should expected some of this, it happens with most new regimes. Who were carfrontated and who just didn’t fit mesh with the coach.

Well means there is lots playing time up for grabs now for recruits.

This really concerns me. I do not want to overracted bit what the heck?!

Alexis I wasn’t surprised

Glover disappointed me

Trey shocks me

Is this reason to worry about the verbal commits??