CONFIRMED: Multiple sources reporting press conference at 4pm

Indications are that this is just a Q&A session regarding the transfers.

Really whats the use of having one if that is all its about that situation could be done with just a statement. How many different ways can you ask why are these guys transferring.

I wonder who will show up.

My guess it will be just Ed, if Curley shows up it will be take a picture and high tail out of there before someone can ask him a tough question.

[quote="Skeeza, post:3, topic:1033"]I wonder who will show up.[/quote]

My guess it will be just Ed, if Curley shows up it will be take a picture and high tail out of there before someone can ask him a tough question.

Hahaha. Ed needs to have a cake or some type of trophy sitting near him or Curley won’t show.

[quote="NationBuilder, post:1, topic:1033"]Indications are that this is just a Q&A session regarding the transfers.[/quote]

Really whats the use of having one if that is all its about that situation could be done with just a statement. How many different ways can you ask why are these guys transferring.

I agree. Also why didn’t Curley just answer DJones with a “yes Ed will be our coach next season” . He had to go spew that garbage that got everyones wheels spinning.

Didn’t Ed already respond to the transfers in the press release a few days ago? What more can be said?

[quote="NationBuilder, post:1, topic:1033"]Indications are that this is just a Q&A session regarding the transfers.[/quote]

I agree. Also why didn’t Curley just answer DJones with a “yes Ed will be our coach next season” . He had to go spew that garbage that got everyones wheels spinning.

Didn’t Ed already respond to the transfers in the press release a few days ago? What more can be said?

I thought this same thing when Curley made the comments all he had to say was Ed will be back next year and leave it at that.

[quote=“battlesway2, post:6, topic:1033”]I agree. Also why didn’t Curley just answer DJones with a “yes Ed will be our coach next season” . He had to go spew that garbage that got everyones wheels spinning.

Didn’t Ed already respond to the transfers in the press release a few days ago? What more can be said?[/quote]

I must have missed this…can you give me a link?

[quote="battlesway2, post:6, topic:1033"]I agree. Also why didn't Curley just answer DJones with a "yes Ed will be our coach next season" . He had to go spew that garbage that got everyones wheels spinning.

Didn’t Ed already respond to the transfers in the press release a few days ago? What more can be said?[/quote]

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2010/03/dechellis_will_stay_on_at_leas.html

from that article: “Yes, Ed will continue to be our head coach,” Curley wrote. "I like the way he runs our program, his assistant coaches and players in the program.

Also confused about what he spewed here that has everyone’s wheels spinning?

“I believe we are better than our record shows. Ed and I share the same vision for the program. I have complete confidence in Ed and his staff. No one will work harder or bring greater passion to making the necessary progress.”

If Ed was leaving he would have told Edwards and Babb. If they left because he was staying, I imagine they would be told that he was leaving.

Sounds like Yogi-sim.

On another matter, I’m kind of a spelling freak, well, isn’t caldron spelled “cauldron”?

[quote="Skeeza, post:3, topic:1033"]I wonder who will show up.[/quote]

Hahaha. Ed needs to have a cake or some type of trophy sitting near him or Curley won’t show.

Probably a big cardboard check.

from that article: “Yes, Ed will continue to be our head coach,” Curley wrote. "I like the way he runs our program, his assistant coaches and players in the program.

Also confused about what he spewed here that has everyone’s wheels spinning?

Chaze filled in the part that you conviently left out.

[quote="battlesway2, post:6, topic:1033"]I agree. Also why didn't Curley just answer DJones with a "yes Ed will be our coach next season" . He had to go spew that garbage that got everyones wheels spinning.

LP i’m taking it you were responding to the 2nd part of my post!? This is what I was talking about…I was just saying is it really neccessary to say anymore about the situation than what has already been said.

“I had some very good individual meetings with all of our players over the past week and outlined some goals for next season and our plans to reach them,” DeChellis said. "The response was overwhelmingly positive and I’m very encouraged by the commitment and desire our team will take into the off-season.

“In those meetings, both Chris and Bill expressed a desire to be closer to home, for different reasons, and elected to pursue transfers that would make that possible. We wish them both well.”

Nope, the 1st part.

I read it as Curley said something to get the wheels spinning…in other words he said something like, “Ed will be back next year, but you never know what will happen…”.

I thought that Curley basically said pretty clearly that “Ed will be our coach next season”. Are you refering to the “vision” stuff?

[quote="battlesway2, post:16, topic:1033"]LP i'm taking it you were responding to the 2nd part of my post!?[/quote]

Nope, the 1st part.

I read it as Curley said something to get the wheels spinning…in other words he said something like, “Ed will be back next year, but you never know what will happen…”.

I thought that Curley basically said pretty clearly that “Ed will be our coach next season”. Are you refering to the “vision” stuff?

Yes all I’m saying is Curley could have just responded with “Yes Ed will be the coach next year” he did not need to say anything more including the “sharing the same vision” part

Sorry maybe I could have used got the blood boiling instead of got the wheels spinning

Any chance Dechellis is out?

Gotcha. I guess that part of Curley’s quote never made me think twice. I dismissed it immediately as him trying to justify his reason (excuse?) for keeping Ed on another year.

I thought you were hinting there was a quote that didn’t make it clear Ed would be back, and this conference could have something to do with it.