PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Competition for UncleLar's Recruiting Matrix

This guy’s done a nice piece of work putting together a Recruiting Matrix for all of college hoops (I think someone, _Tom maybe, linked him once before).

His design can be described as minimalist at best but the content is there. He scrubs Rivals, Scout, and ESPN for the recruiting info and tacks on some extras including every player/recruit Twitter ID that he can find.

Check it out: VerbalCommits.com

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:3169”]This guy’s done a nice piece of work putting together a Recruiting Matrix for all of college hoops (I think someone, _Tom maybe, linked him once before).

His design can be described as minimalist at best but the content is there. He scrubs Rivals, Scout, and ESPN for the recruiting info and tacks on some extras including every player/recruit Twitter ID that he can find.

Check it out: VerbalCommits.com[/quote]

NYT magazine has a long piece tomorrow about Nerlens Noel. I haven’t read it yet, because I like to save the Sunday Times for Sunday morning. Nostalgic. I am sure it will be demoralizing.

[quote="UncleLar, post:1, topic:3169"]This guy's done a nice piece of work putting together a Recruiting Matrix for all of college hoops (I think someone, _Tom maybe, linked him once before).

NYT magazine has a long piece tomorrow about Nerlens Noel. I haven’t read it yet, because I like to save the Sunday Times for Sunday morning. Nostalgic. I am sure it will be demoralizing.

For those who can’t wait for the hardcopy, try this.

Very cool, thanks.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:3169”]This guy’s done a nice piece of work putting together a Recruiting Matrix for all of college hoops (I think someone, _Tom maybe, linked him once before).

Hey Nittany Lions,

Thanks for the kind words on the site, and let me know if you have any suggestions. I’d love to hear them and work on implementing them. This site was started because I just got frustrated doing the recruiting matrix by hand for my alma mater, NC State, what it sounds like UncleLar was doing by hand for Penn State and decided to automate the whole thing. I’m sure there are a ton of issues to work out, so if you see any mistakes just let me know and I’ll get them fixed and get back to you.

Go State! 8)

Paul Pettengill
aka Philawolf

[quote="UncleLar, post:1, topic:3169"]This guy's done a nice piece of work putting together a Recruiting Matrix for all of college hoops (I think someone, _Tom maybe, linked him once before).

Geez. Makes you all warm and fuzzy inside thinking about how kids are treated. I was actually relieved that Adam Breneman chose Penn State on Friday – not because he’ll help our team, but because I feared he would become the next Chad Henne type pariah at the ripe old age of 16 if he had chose Ohio State instead.

This guy's done a nice piece of work putting together a Recruiting Matrix for all of college hoops (I think someone, _Tom maybe, linked him once before).

Check it out: VerbalCommits.com

Hey Nittany Lions,

Thanks for the kind words on the site, and let me know if you have any suggestions. I’d love to hear them and work on implementing them. This site was started because I just got frustrated doing the recruiting matrix by hand for my alma mater, NC State, what it sounds like UncleLar was doing by hand for Penn State and decided to automate the whole thing. I’m sure there are a ton of issues to work out, so if you see any mistakes just let me know and I’ll get them fixed and get back to you.

Go State! 8)

Paul Pettengill
aka Philawolf

Congrats on your team getting in the dance. And keep up the good work with your site. :slight_smile:

Geez. Makes you all warm and fuzzy inside thinking about how kids are treated. I was actually relieved that Adam Breneman chose Penn State on Friday – not because he’ll help our team, but because I feared he would become the next Chad Henne type pariah at the ripe old age of 16 if he had chose Ohio State instead.

I thought he turned 17 during his coach’s speech. ;D

Hey Nittany Lions,

Go State! 8)

Paul Pettengill
aka Philawolf

Congrats on your team getting in the dance. And keep up the good work with your site. :slight_smile:

Yes, congrats. Talk about sweating it out. NC State was the last team announced.

Hey Nittany Lions,

Go State! 8)

Paul Pettengill
aka Philawolf

Yes, congrats. Talk about sweating it out. NC State was the last team announced.

You’re not kidding! I was really positive going into the selection show thought we had a 80% chance, but it felt like a 2% chance when it got to the very last slot announced.

Hey Nittany Lions,

I just wanted to check in with some updates. I’ve added highlight videos for nearly every ranked recruit (there were a couple I couldn’t find) in the 2012, 2013, and 2014 classes.

Here’s a couple of your incoming recruits

Brandon Austin
Geno Thorpe

Hope you enjoy!