COMPETITION: 2009-10 NCAA Tournament Bracket Competition!

I “renewed” the group from last year, the following people were sent emails:

Slash M -- hidden -- laoDan laodan05 laodan05@yahoo.com H-Town Lion C-Dub -- hidden -- viands ned.viands sviands@hotmail.com FreethrowLion molehead323 -- hidden -- jiddywop jiddywop jiddywop@yahoo.com MillionaireMagic Marie -- hidden -- Walkersway2 brettsmith81@... -- hidden -- Cronk Rich Schellhase richandcoup@gmail.com Pomeroy Picks UncleLar -- hidden -- sliceman vslice02 vslice02@yahoo.com nittany14 Adam adamsoccerp@hotmail.com Penn St Pillagers elefantstn -- hidden -- Pezlion's Bracket cranademan -- hidden --

Sorry that I’m too lazy to space that out…

The following is the group information for people that weren’t in the group last year:

This thread can be used for all discussion for the competition. Such as scoring systems, people’s brackets when they are released, etc. Can everyone please enter their bracket as their forum username or something very close so we all know who’s who? I hope everyone participates and has some fun!

PS- I will be inviting Rokk to the group!

signed up

We have 5 so far, including Rokk. Doesn’t everyone want to sign up so they can take down the God of college basketball? ;D

Looking to get at least 10-15 people… I went on CBS and saw an old PSUHoops group from last year or they year before… had a LOT of people on there…

I see you got a super early start on things to draw people away from the annual one I set up. >:(

;D

[quote=“pmhewitt, post:4, topic:909”]I see you got a super early start on things to draw people away from the annual one I set up. >:(

;D[/quote]
Is that the CBSSports one? I remember there being two last year, the CBSSports one had a lot of inactive members, though. I renewed the Yahoo competition from last year. Sorry…? :frowning:

I am in…

CBS? Yahoo? I thought we always did it at ESPN haha.

Honestly, I couldn’t care less where it is or who runs it, as long as there is only one. I’m not joining more than 1.

EDIT: Also, if you do join, please use your freakin screen name here as your picks’ name. That always annoys me.

[quote=“eric17, post:8, topic:909”]CBS? Yahoo? I thought we always did it at ESPN haha.

Honestly, I couldn’t care less where it is or who runs it, as long as there is only one. I’m not joining more than 1.

EDIT: Also, if you do join, please use your freakin screen name here as your picks’ name. That always annoys me.[/quote]

Eric, you seem cranky lately-what’s up. Perhaps it’s time to tackle Talor ;D

So is Rokk using Rokk or MackinacJack?

Hes already signed up as Rokk.

eric, I forget the exact details but there were two last year… CBS and Yahoo. I ran the Yahoo and there was an already made CBS from the year before (I believe… this was before I was a member here). However, a good half of the people on the CBS one were inactive… this is because from year to year CBS keeps existing groups without the option to renew, it just renews automatically. I believe thats why we started a Yahoo one. The CBS group is going to have even more inactive brackets since this would be its third tournament, Yahoo is new every time.

As for ESPN… it either never happened or I was kept out of the loop on that one :frowning:

I would love to have a reason to :wink:

And yeah, I guess it’s been a while since we’ve been on ESPN hasn’t it? I don’t really remember anymore. I’m getting too old for this, haha. It’s only been what, my 7th year on this site? What a sad adolescence.

DAMN THE FIREWALL !!!

I can’t join or view the website at work !!!

[quote=“Skeeza, post:13, topic:909”]DAMN THE FIREWALL !!!

I can’t join or view the website at work !!![/quote]
Patience my friend :slight_smile:

I’M IN.

All your brackets belong to me

We have 15 people so far… the more the merrier!

What does everyone want for the scoring? Yahoo default is 1-2-4-8-16-32. I feel that that scoring system is a little too top heavy. While predicting a national champion takes skill, sometimes it can be completely lucky and IDK if it can outweigh a handful of other correct picks.

Ex: My friend randomly got on Florida’s bandwagon before their first national championship. he was the only person who picked them to win it at all and we all laughed at him for the pick. He had a #16 seed in the final 4 and all this other crap because he didn’t follow NCAAB… however Florida won and he got first place because of faulty scoring.

I think 1-2-4-8-14-20 or something close to that would be better… gimme feedback guys!

Just a bump for anyone who hasn’t seen it, or anyone who has changed their mind.

No feedback on scoring? Bueller?

Scoring Thoughts…

I like to see the first round (or even the first two rounds) weighted more heavily than 1 or 2 points for each pick. Otherwise there isn’t much reward for picking upsets. In my office pool you get (1) point for every first round win + bonus points which equal the seed number. So if you pick a 10 seed over a 7 seed you would get 11 points.

JWP

[quote=“jiddywop, post:19, topic:909”]Scoring Thoughts…

I like to see the first round (or even the first two rounds) weighted more heavily than 1 or 2 points for each pick. Otherwise there isn’t much reward for picking upsets. In my office pool you get (1) point for every first round win + bonus points which equal the seed number. So if you pick a 10 seed over a 7 seed you would get 11 points.

JWP[/quote]
I like the lower weights as suggested by noobd, and I like when there is a bonus point (or 2) for picking a lower seed that wins.