Collegehoopsnet.com Top 144

Thought I’d generate a little Big Ten talk for the upcoming season…

They are now up to the Top 70 and so far in the Big Ten:

Northwestern 71
Indiana 109
Iowa 123

The site reveals a new team each day. Where do you think PSU will end up? 54 is my uneducated guess.

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/preview/2009/

EDIT…

So far here are the guesses on this thread…I will continue to update to see who wins…try and take a number that is not selected as of yet, unless you really have a feel for a number that has been selected.

1 jyd (ever the optimist)
34 or lower tjb (with a wishful thought)
42 pap17754
43 BleedPSU
44 kidcoyote
46 PSUWIN
47 PSUDraw, eric17 (going with the “projected Top 50” which has little to do with the Top 144)
48 mjg
49 Smitty
50 byake
51 Slash, Finding Forrester
54 NittanyIllini (has to be Ottzilla’s #, no?)
61 JakkL
63 blue2blue
65 psugrad83
66 UncleLar (looking for a little irony…but not this time)
68 LPCreation- thank you for playing LP…lovely parting gifts at the door. The Zips are #68.

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:1, topic:48”]Thought I’d generate a little Big Ten talk for the upcoming season…

Northwestern 71
Indiana 109
Iowa 123

The site reveals a new team each day. Where do you think PSU will end up? 54 is my uneducated guess.

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/preview/2009/[/quote]

I’ve got us in the Top 10, but these evil preseason analysts always screw us. So I’m thinking you are pretty close. Mid 40’s to high 50’s is my guess. I’ll go with 48 to have an exact guess on the books.

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:1, topic:48”]Thought I’d generate a little Big Ten talk for the upcoming season…

Northwestern 71
Indiana 109
Iowa 123

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/preview/2009/[/quote]

66 so the conspiracy theorists can have a field day.

Let’s go with 42.

An even 50 sounds good to me even if it’s a little optimistic.

I’ll take 63

47 is my guess. Sparty is probably top 3 team if not number 1, Purdue also very high top 10. I think there will be a Big Ten cluster (3 or 4 teams) with in 15 positions.

Good call, Draw. I’m going with 47 too because that’s where they currently have us at. :wink:

I’ll go with 44.

Yes, I saw that after I posted this thread, but as the author of the “Top 50” states,

“Note that these picks are purely my own opinion and do not reflect CHN’s official 144 Teams in 144 Days preseason ranking.”
So take it as you may.

I’ll go with 51. (Byake, if this were the Price is Right, you would have just gotten owned ;))

We really need to be no lower than 34 … unless we win the Big 10 Tournament this year.

Don’t tell me the Selection Committee has already made their picks. While I would NOT be surprised; I am only kidding. :slight_smile:

1. I don’t think they’ll project us high enough for an at large bid due to the departure of Jamelle, Stan and Dan.

I’ll go with 43, within 10-15 of Minny, Wisky, Michigan, Ohio State.

Big cluster of B10 teams.

I’ll go with 65.

I’ll say 46…because it’s still available :slight_smile:

51…send it in!

I assume we’ll be picked 8th in the Big10…the current top 50 has Wisky at 39 and us at 47, so it’s unlikely we’d get bumped ahead of them.

If the Big10 really has 6 Top 20 teams then look out…this year could be a Battle ::slight_smile:

[quote=“Finding Forrester, post:19, topic:48”]51…send it in!

I assume we’ll be picked 8th in the Big10…the current top 50 has Wisky at 39 and us at 47, so it’s unlikely we’d get bumped ahead of them.

If the Big10 really has 6 Top 20 teams then look out…this year could be a Battle ::)[/quote]

There are two different people creating the “current top 50” and this list. Just because we are ahead or behind in one list, doesn’t mean we’ll be ahead or behind in the other.