Coaching Change Thread

Beard now appears headed to Texas Tech!

But players can’t transfer without getting a release and sitting out…

Well he can just reroute the moving trucks from Vegas to Texas Tech. Plus he never did suit up for unlv so he shouldn’t lose any eligibility.:wink:

VMI vs. Cornell game has got to be in the works now! :slight_smile:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/722163905766780930

Looking Forward: Who were the winners and the losers of the Coaching Carousel? – CollegeBasketballTalk

I feel like now is such a weird time for him to step down.

It’s Larry Brown. That’s how he rolls.

More sanctions must be coming… :stuck_out_tongue:

The article on the link above says he is leaving because of a contract dispute, he wanted a longer extension than SMU was willing to give him.

This is funny because I just got done telling a guy I work with that people just read headlines and make up their own story based on their personal opinions on the subject. Nobody reads for the facts anymore.

[quote="CAPPY, post:309, topic:4469"]The article on the link above says he is leaving because of a contract dispute, he wanted a longer extension than SMU was willing to give him.[/quote]

This is funny because I just got done telling a guy I work with that people just read headlines and make up their own story based on their personal opinions on the subject. Nobody reads for the facts anymore.

Opinions are way more entertaining than facts

Larry Brown has balls. He was suspended for nine games last year and he quits because they won’t extend him as long as he likes? Wow.

Jim O’Brien caused Ohio State to have to vacate all of their wins from 1999-2002 and he sued and won over $2mil. for wrongful termination.

Never liked Larry Brown. Always seemed like a slimy guy. Knows his BBall, but is good at going to a place, turning it around somewhat and then moving along. I doubt he cared a whole lot about the student athlete.

AD came out and said they offered extension to 2020, which looks good on surface, but details of buyout, etc. would be helpful. Yo, Larry, you’re already 75 years old, four years from now can’t see him coaching. It had always been a done deal for Jankovich to take over when he was initially hired. Timing I strange, however, as someone already mentioned on here.

That’s going to make that road game more interesting.

Especially since they now have MoJo