PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Coaches' Caravan

Here’s the best itinerary I have seen for the Coaches Caravan. (Scroll to bottom.) SIAP.

Wish it was coming to Boston, with PC. Hartford is too much of a hike for only the FB coach.

I’ll be at the Baltimore one, which apparently will include the coaches mingling around the tables during the luncheon.

[quote=“tjb, post:1, topic:3262”]Here’s the best itinerary I have seen for the Coaches Caravan. (Scroll to bottom.) SIAP.

Wish it was coming to Boston, with PC. Hartford is too much of a hike for only the FB coach.[/quote]

The soccer and golf coaches take exception with that remark!

[quote="tjb, post:1, topic:3262"]Here's [url=http://live.psu.edu/story/59325]the best itinerary I have seen for the Coaches Caravan[/url]. (Scroll to bottom.) SIAP.

Wish it was coming to Boston, with PC. Hartford is too much of a hike for only the FB coach.[/quote]

The soccer and golf coaches take exception with that remark!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bob Warming missed the trip. His daughter died in an automobile accident last weekend and things might not quite be back to normal by then.

Me too. Should be interesting. I don’t think I know anyone else going, so it’s good to know there will at least be another PennStateHoopser there.

This takes the old tipoff tour a step better.

I volunteered to help at the Philadelphia luncheon, haven’t heard yet. If I’m not volunteering there, 'll likely hit the Philadelphia evening session.

I’m going to the Baltimore one as well. It was either go up for Blue-White or join the Baltimore Caravan, and the chance to actually chat with the coaches won easily.

Coach Chambers, Penn State Coaches Caravan is Heading to Philly

“We need to get out there and meet people. They need to feel a connection with me and our team”.

The man is true to his word.

I was at a minor fund raiser dinner at the G-Man last night for “Operation Small Steps”. It’s a charity based in Altoona that helps people in Madagascar with foot problems (mostly kids born with club feet). Justin Kurpeikis is involved with it so he decided to have a dinner in town. There were maybe a hundred or so people at the dinner including many teammates of Justin’s who still live in the area. Chambers had donated a team signed Penn State Basketball to be awarded as a door prize but he also showed up and mingled with the crowd during the cocktail hour before the dinner.

Caravaning in style

O’Brien, Chambers find common ground as they bond on bus trip

I heard OBrien on the 97.5theFanatic and it seemed that even with seating like that? The ride was a bumpy one. lol. I’m sure he won’t be getting on a bus for a while after this!

Really not much from Chambers in the Baltimore session. Definitely a lot less basketball savvy crowd as compared to Philly.

But regarding the bus:

Also some info on the new bus.
-Was something the owner of Fullington wanted to do
-Wasn’t complete until late last Friday
-Debuting for this tour, but will definitely be used going forward.
-Coach O’Brien apparently doesn’t like the comfy seats though, they move around too much (some gentle ribbing his direction about the seats)

I was able to get on the bus to look around briefly, it looks bigger in person than in the pictures

The Bill & Patrick Show
May 1, 2012 at 3:36 pm Ryan Jones
The Penn Stater Magazine

[quote=“timauman, post:14, topic:3262”]The Bill & Patrick Show
May 1, 2012 at 3:36 pm Ryan Jones
The Penn Stater Magazine[/quote]

Nice read…

I think they like that seat because there’s a cooler opposite Chambers

Dana O’Neil

Nice perspective. Even if not literally true on the basketball program finances (BTN and Big 10 make it profitable).

I’m pretty surprised not one parent has brought up the scandal to BoB yet.

I’m sure it has been, at least in some context.

http://youtu.be/5BoREM8hmdA