PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Coach Daly in Delaware County (Broomall PA) on April 26

Pat will the the speaker at the Spring Social for the Penn State Alumni Associating Delaware County Chapter. Location is the Paxon Hollow Country Club. It will be a buffet dinner with a cash bar. Final details are being worked out. Included is optional golf in the afternoon.

Once final details are complete, i will put out a link to the chapter website. Orders can be made Vi’a the website by credit card or Pay Pay (those of you who have ordered basketball tickets, you know the drill)

OK forks…Here the link and you can order from here.

There is a buffet dinner and and additional option for golf. (See, we were thinking of Cappy)

http://www.delcopsualum.org/store/spring-social-scheduled-april-26-pat-chambers

Location again is Paxon Hollow Country Club. Dinner begins at 6. Golf, for those who are interested, begins at 1.

Eight days away from PC’s appearance at Paxon Hollow Country Club

I wanted to bring it back to the front. Tim, can you sticky this?

We have a nice crowd, but still spots available. There are also still plenty of golf spots.

For people who where checking this thread, I wanted to get this out to you folks to eliminate confusion.

Pat will not be able to make our Spring Social tonight. He sent us his regrets, and in his place will be Assistant Coach Brian Daly. We’re looking forward to Brian doing a great job talking PSU hoops to the Delaware County alums.

We haven’t changed our website. We’ll let everyone know as they come in…so…the update is only here at PennStateHoops.com

Sheldon is more important. :wink:

But Daly is awesome, too. He’ll be entertaining and just as informative.

I hope that he’ll make amends by attending the coaches caravan stop in Harrisburg on 5/2.

TJM, you mentioned in another thread that Coach Daly gave some scheduling updates. Did he have anything else interesting to say?

Wanted to keep this thread going. Some board member must have attended :stuck_out_tongue:

First, I’m assuming no one on this board made it there. If anyone did, they saw plenty of TJM78 as I introduced Brian.

First, the folks weren’t really that upset in general about the change. Then, only a few of us there were die hard fans like me. But it was cool when I announced Pat wasn’t’ here and that he was visiting with a high profile recruit, the place cheered. (To clarify, because he was with a high profile recruit)

Brian talked a little bit about his Delco background, and a few in attendance know him, so he mentioned how glad he is when he “comes home” to Delco… He mentioned that he and Pat first knew each other as eight graders, and spent al lot of time together at summers at the shore.

He also said his family is enjoying living in State College. HIs wile, Tracy, is the daughter of the late St. Joseph’s coach Jim Boyle.

Basketball items

• Mentioned LaSalle at the Palestra, and also Penn at the BJC this coming season and at the Palestra 2013-14
• Want to schedule top 100 RPI in non conference as much as possible. Brian mentioned that he and Pat sometimes differ on the scheduling. Pat wants to play the toughest teams around, but Brian would like “to stay in State College for a while”
• He talked about Fraizer and rattled off his improved numbers. Some in the crowed were wowed by that… he also said Tim was initial reluctant to embrace the leadership role he was asked to take, but really brought in to it.
• Said DJ Newbill could shoot, drive, make other foul him. He also said he’s wants not just to get his, but he wants to help others get on the stat sheet.
• Said Akosa was a good long range shooter. He didn’t even try to pronounce his last name.
• He made it a point to make sure not to talk about recruits he hasn’t signed yet. He said he “got in trouble” not long ago.
• Was a little disappointed in the attendance and the student attendance, and acknowledged that it will probably take winning to change that.
• We very optimistic about how some of the player are improving, notable Ross. I asked him would likely be their “Dante Cunningham”, and he mentioned Ross. He said Ross had really worked and improved his skills, and referred to hemi as a “glue guy”.
• He’s very optimistic about the incoming recruits

One questioner asked if they were recruiting nationally or just in PA. Brian said they will look everywhere for good players. He was in Minnesota earlier in the week. The assistants are assigned areas. Brian has the Northeast and Midwest, Keith as DC and points south, and Eugene has the west.

Another questions, a gal I later found out was an early 80s grad, asked how long it will be when they get competitive in the Big 10. Brian said very soon. After Brian was done, I added my own “two cents” on that question to the audience. I told them about Pat’s press conference statement about Tim and DJ being the best guard combo in the country. I told them if that proves to be true, they’ll be competitive next year.

I also added this tidbit. I told them the 97-98 and 98-99-Ohio State story regarding great guards. Some of you may remember, 97-98, Jim O’Brien’s first year, they had Michael Redd. O’Brien also had Scoonie Penn come with him prom Boston College and redishirt. With just Redd, OSU was 1-15 in the B10. The next season, with both of them, they went to the Final Four. Afterwards, someone told me, “Hey, nothing like putting pressure on those guys”

Hey, they can take it. And it we make the dance, but not the Final Four next season, who’s going to call for Pat’s head?

Thanks, 78!!

Seconded. Thanks for the recap!

[quote=“TJM78, post:10, topic:3146”]• He talked about Fraizer and rattled off his improved numbers. Some in the crowed were wowed by that… he also said Tim was initial reluctant to embrace the leadership role he was asked to take, but really brought in to it.
• Said DJ Newbill could shoot, drive, make other foul him. He also said he’s wants not just to get his, but he wants to help others get on the stat sheet.[/quote]

Watching highlights of this past season it’s astounding what Frazier can do off a good feed even when everyone knows he’s the best player on the floor. Put 3 or 4 other good players out there and he’s going to have another stellar year. Is it too early for the 2012-13 season good vibes thread ;D