PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Coach Chambers in Williamsport tonight

Coach will be speaking at the Nittany Lion Club meeting, VFW in Duboistown at 7:30. West Southern Avenue to Doboistown where is becomes Riverside Drive, past the Fire station, turn right Leroy Buck VFW; or, cross Maynard Street bridge, turn right on Riverside Drive follow above. SEE YOU THERE:

ummmmmmmmm

http://twitter.com/#!/PSUSTRETCH/status/109278482319671296

Great CVC fundraiser at Kildare's Irish Pub downtown State College tonight, 6-9 p.m. @Coach_Chambers & staff in the house. Free Appetizers.

Man he’s good, 2 places at once :slight_smile:

Perhaps the 1 very, very live Irish Coach is not PC? :slight_smile:

Updated post by PSUSTRETCH

Kildare's CVC event TONIGHT: Live Irish music, Live Irish Dancers and 1 very, very live Irish Coach all to fight cancer. Come on out! 6-9 pm

Then again, I just received this e-mail:

Distinguished Coaches vs. Cancer Sponsors-

Sorry if some of you are receiving this email multiple times - just wanted to pass along a more detailed reminder of tonight’s fundraising event.

KILDARE’S 1ST ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION/
PENN STATE COACHES VS. CANCER FUNDRAISER
THURSDAY, SEPT. 1, 2011 • 6-9 P.M.
• Penn State Coach Patrick Chambers and the Penn State Men’s Basketball staff will be in attendance from 6-7 p.m. tonight to meet and greet and support the event.

• The CVC party will be from 6-9 pm
• There will be free appetizers, live Irish music & Irish Dancers
• $10 suggested donation at the door for Penn State-CVC and 10% of all sales during the event will be given back to Penn State-CVC as a fundraiser.
• This event for their Grand Opening last year raised nearly $4,500 for Penn State-CVC and was a lot of fun.
• Great chance to meet the new coaching staff if you haven’t already. Guarantee you they’ll be having fun.

I hope everyone can make it down.

[quote=“CAPPY, post:4, topic:2637”]Perhaps the 1 very, very live Irish Coach is not PC? :slight_smile:

Updated post by PSUSTRETCH

Then again, I just received this e-mail:

Distinguished Coaches vs. Cancer Sponsors-

Sorry if some of you are receiving this email multiple times - just wanted to pass along a more detailed reminder of tonight’s fundraising event.

KILDARE’S 1ST ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION/
PENN STATE COACHES VS. CANCER FUNDRAISER
THURSDAY, SEPT. 1, 2011 • 6-9 P.M.
• Penn State Coach Patrick Chambers and the Penn State Men’s Basketball staff will be in attendance from 6-7 p.m. tonight to meet and greet and support the event.

• The CVC party will be from 6-9 pm
• There will be free appetizers, live Irish music & Irish Dancers
• $10 suggested donation at the door for Penn State-CVC and 10% of all sales during the event will be given back to Penn State-CVC as a fundraiser.
• This event for their Grand Opening last year raised nearly $4,500 for Penn State-CVC and was a lot of fun.
• Great chance to meet the new coaching staff if you haven’t already. Guarantee you they’ll be having fun.

I hope everyone can make it down.[/quote]

Perhaps PC is just at Kildare’s from 6-7 than hauling his butt over to Williamsport to speak at the back end of the NLC meeting.

Kildare’s, didn’t that used to be Hooters? :slight_smile:

Yes

Kildare's, didn't that used to be Hooters? :)

Yes

That still makes me sad. Hooter’s was part of our weeknight PSU hoops roadtrips. Just not the same anymore. :frowning:

I’ll take Kildare’s over Hooter’s any day of the week!

For those who have heard of the Tilted Kilt chain…that’s Hooters + Kildare’s.

[quote="CAPPY, post:6, topic:2637"]Kildare's, didn't that used to be Hooters? :)[/quote]

Yes

That still makes me sad. Hooter’s was part of our weeknight PSU hoops roadtrips. Just not the same anymore. :frowning:

I didn’t realize Hooters was around long enough for it to become a tradition. I think that makes me old. :slight_smile:

Hooters was a huge eyesore as you entered State College, so glad it’s gone.

I guess I never understood why people views Hooters as an eyesore.

Coach Daly spoke in Duboistown Thursday night:

http://www.sungazette.com/page/content.detail/id/567967/Replacing-Battle-will-be-challenge-for-PSU-men.html?nav=5017

It always relaxed my eyes. ;D

[quote="Tom, post:13, topic:2637"]I guess I never understood why people views Hooters as an eyesore.[/quote]

It always relaxed my eyes. ;D

Really? I always came out of there with tired eyes from straining them! ;D

All the attention is GREAT…but how about more detail. Did anyone hear PC last night in Williamsport? What did he say?
We have only heard 1 eyewittness of the players. Anymore? Any other player news??

[quote=“tundra, post:17, topic:2637”]All the attention is GREAT…but how about more detail. Did anyone hear PC last night in Williamsport? What did he say?
We have only heard 1 eyewittness of the players. Anymore? Any other player news??[/quote]

Apparently he wasn’t in Williamsport. The above linked newspaper story says Brian Daly was there. Chambers was at Kildare’s. However, he left shortly after I got there and, if he said anything, it was before I arrived.

All the attention is GREAT..........................but how about more detail. Did anyone hear PC last night in Williamsport? What did he say? We have only heard 1 eyewittness of the players. Anymore? Any other player news??

Apparently he wasn’t in Williamsport. The above linked newspaper story says Brian Daly was there. Chambers was at Kildare’s. However, he left shortly after I got there and, if he said anything, it was before I arrived.

PC is a miracle worker. Looks like he got Talor a 5th year of eligibility. :slight_smile:

Battle will be surrounded by a young team this season, one that Daly says he and the new staff need to evaluate.

[quote=“JohnT, post:19, topic:2637”]PC is a miracle worker. Looks like he got Talor a 5th year of eligibility. :slight_smile:

[quote]Battle will be surrounded by a young team this season, one that Daly says he and the new staff need to evaluate.
[/quote][/quote]

hmmmmm…either there was some shoddy editing, or I’ll have what Gerardi’s having.

Since the preceding paragraph was about Frazier, I’m going with shoddy editing.

Frazier, a 6-foot-1 junior guard, showed glimpses of his capabilities last year while playing in Battle's shadow.