Charleston Classic

Anyone going?

I might look to make the trek from the ATL if we make it to the title game on Sunday. Love Charleston, one of my favorite places to trip to from Atlanta (about 4 and a half hours).

I had hoped to visit my oldest brother who has a house near Hilton Head and go to the classic, but instead I’m having my right knee replaced that Friday. I’ll be able to watch the 1st game on tv, but I’ll probably have to listen to the last 2 games on the radio. I’m guessing my hospital ESPN channels will be very limited. I’ll have to record them on the DVR and I can watch when I get released.

I had also planned to visit my oldest sister in Charlottesville on the 30th so that i could go to the UVa game. :frowning:

[quote=“JakkL, post:3, topic:58”]I had hoped to visit my oldest brother who has a house near Hilton Head and go to the classic, but instead I’m having my right knee replaced that Friday. I’ll be able to watch the 1st game on tv, but I’ll probably have to listen to the last 2 games on the radio. I’m guessing my hospital ESPN channels will be very limited. I’ll have to record them on the DVR and I can watch when I get released.

I had also planned to visit my oldest sister in Charlottesville on the 30th so that i could go to the UVa game. :([/quote]

Wish you a quick recovery on the knee replacement, I doubt you will be in the hospital very long if everything goes smoothly.

[quote="JakkL, post:3, topic:58"]I had hoped to visit my oldest brother who has a house near Hilton Head and go to the classic, but instead I'm having my right knee replaced that Friday. I'll be able to watch the 1st game on tv, but I'll probably have to listen to the last 2 games on the radio. I'm guessing my hospital ESPN channels will be very limited. I'll have to record them on the DVR and I can watch when I get released.

I had also planned to visit my oldest sister in Charlottesville on the 30th so that i could go to the UVa game. :([/quote]

Wish you a quick recovery on the knee replacement, I doubt you will be in the hospital very long if everything goes smoothly.

My mom had her knee replaced and I don’t think she spent the night at the hospital. It wasn’t more than one night if she did.

She must have had a partial, not a total. Typical post op stay is 3-5 days for TKR.

Either that or you mom is a warrior. Or Jamelle Cornley.

Cornley would have performed his own knee replacement.

You might be right about the partial. She is travelling now so can’t ask. Next time I talk to her I’ll ask and report back.

I’m there for all three games. My best friend from the college days does business with the College of Charleston athletic department and he thinks we’re getting primo seats for the games. Excited. Also I’m looking forward to some of the best deep fried seafood around along with real hushpuppies.

mmmmmmmmmmm. hushpuppies. gotta love fried cornbread. do u like them with anything in them like onion or jalapeno?

[quote="JakkL, post:6, topic:58"]She must have had a partial, not a total. Typical post op stay is 3-5 days for TKR.[/quote]

You might be right about the partial. She is travelling now so can’t ask. Next time I talk to her I’ll ask and report back.

Okay, turns out I was way off. She had a full knee replacement, but was in for 4 nights. I just don’t remember her being in that long.

[quote="JakkL, post:6, topic:58"]She must have had a partial, not a total. Typical post op stay is 3-5 days for TKR.[/quote]

Either that or you mom is a warrior. Or Jamelle Cornley.

… or Joe Paterno. He was on the sidelines a few plays after having his knee destroyed.

I’ve only eaten them plain. So far I’m just happy from the vast improvement over Long John Silver’s.

Hoping to drive over from the east side of Atlanta on Friday and staying through the final. It’s about 280 mile drive, butr they don’t get any closer to us or us to them for the rest of the BB season.Klavier lernen
lohnvergleich

There’s a 1 in 4 chance they will be in Jacksonville in the middle of March!

[quote="Duff, post:15, topic:58"]Hoping to drive over from the east side of Atlanta on Friday and staying through the final. It's about 280 mile drive, butr they don't get any closer to us or us to them for the rest of the BB season.[/quote]

There’s a 1 in 4 chance they will be in Jacksonville in the middle of March!

Make that a 1 in 8 chance. But there’s a 1 in 4 chance that they’ll be in the Southeast (Jax or NO)

Duff, just become an Illini fan and you can join me and my wife at the Gwinnett Arena in Duluth, GA on Dec 19th to watch them take on Georgia. :slight_smile:

Well, today we just booked our flights to Charleston…I’ll be there for the Classic…can’t wait to see a lot of basketball in a four day period.

Also, Charleston is a great place to spend some time…and the bugs, heat and humidity won’t be bad at that time of the year. ;D

I was browsing the Charleston Classic web sight and can’t find any bracket information beyond the opening round (i.e. winner of game 1 plays winner of game 2 and/or loser of game 1 plays playes loser of game 2.
Anyone seen that info. Tring to figure out how late the championship game will tip off on Sunday.

If we win Thursday we would play Friday at 3:30. We would play the winner of Tulane vs. Miami. If we win that we would play Sunday at 6:00 PM against either USF, Davidson, LaSalle and South Carolina. That would be the championship game and it is scheduled to be on ESPN2. I’m not going to talk about if we lose because frankly, I don’t plan on us losing.

Hopefully we get to play Miami on Friday and South Carolina on Sunday. Miami is a potential bubble team, and this is crazy talk on November 3rd, but we might just be right back on that bubble again. It’d be good to get a win over another potential bubble team early.

South Carolina would be a GREAT OCC game/win for us. For those who don’t know, South Carolina is tough this year. Dickie V ranked them 35th in their preseason poll, and I’ve even seen them higher than that. They got a stud point guard in Devan Downey. He averaged 19.8 ppg last year. It would be a fun game to watch as Battle and Downey go head-to-head, and like I said, could be a huge early win for us on national TV.