Champs Day @ Beaver Stadium

Will include honoring the NIT Champs @ halftime! Check out video on the link below.

http://www.gopsusports.com/gameday/

I remember reading that the basketball time would be handing out the new '09-'10 posters and signing autographs before the Homecoming football game next weekend. Does anyone know when/where that will take place?

@ the BJC at the Hoops Fest before the Tailgreat next Saturday. The BJC will open @ 11 AM next Saturday for this. There will also be a PSU mens hoops blue-white scrimmage before the Tailgreat. The Tailgreat starts @ 1:30 PM.

Does anybody know why the mens PSU hoops team was unable to participate in the Champs Day celebtration at Beaver Stadium at halftime today?
:-\

[quote="blue2blue, post:2, topic:95"]I remember reading that the basketball time would be handing out the new '09-'10 posters and signing autographs before the Homecoming football game next weekend. Does anyone know when/where that will take place?[/quote]

@ the BJC at the Hoops Fest before the Tailgreat next Saturday. The BJC will open @ 11 AM next Saturday for this. There will also be a PSU mens hoops blue-white scrimmage before the Tailgreat. The Tailgreat starts @ 1:30 PM.

Does anybody know why the mens PSU hoops team was unable to participate in the Champs Day celebtration at Beaver Stadium at halftime today?
:-</blockquote>

I don’t know. The radio shows where all to saying to look for them.

I was told that a few of the players went home for the weekend, and the rest weren’t interested in participating.

I guess we’ll all have to make it out for the NIT banner (re)raising this season. ;D

I’m not sure I’d want to be honored in front of the smallest and most apathetic crowd of the season, either.

Season? That to me was the worst crowd since the Iowa game in 1996, even in the “dark years” the crowds had much more life than today.

[quote="Tom, post:7, topic:95"]I'm not sure I'd want to be honored in front of the smallest and most apathetic crowd of the season, either.[/quote]

Season? That to me was the worst crowd since the Iowa game in 1996, even in the “dark years” the crowds had much more life than today.

Look at the opponent. It was all I could do to get up this morning and make it to the game on time today, and that has never been an issue before. When I got up and left I was the only person awake in my house (and it was around 11 am).

The good thing was that I could walk up to gate A 15 minutes before kickoff and get row 30 seats in the student section… I felt like I was at a Pitt game or something. Hopefully that crowd sent a message to Tim Curley, but I doubt it. I’d place it alongside the Temple game in 2003 or 2004 as the most apathetic crowd I’ve ever been apart of in Beaver Stadium.

[quote="Tom, post:7, topic:95"]I'm not sure I'd want to be honored in front of the smallest and most apathetic crowd of the season, either.[/quote]

Look at the opponent. It was all I could do to get up this morning and make it to the game on time today, and that has never been an issue before. When I got up and left I was the only person awake in my house (and it was around 11 am).

The good thing was that I could walk up to gate A 15 minutes before kickoff and get row 30 seats in the student section… I felt like I was at a Pitt game or something. Hopefully that crowd sent a message to Tim Curley, but I doubt it. I’d place it alongside the Temple game in 2003 or 2004 as the most apathetic crowd I’ve ever been apart of in Beaver Stadium.

Unfortunately, all those empty seats are still bought and paid for. The only time it will start becoming a real issue for the athletic department is when they go unsold.

I drove 11 hours to the game. Took my niece, who is thinking of attending, and my 12 year old daughter, who loved the last game she attended. It was distinctly underwhelming – thousands of empty seats, and not just in the student section. Not what I had promised.

I picked the game because of the date, had not realized E. Ill was I-AA until last week. Even Penn State should realize that selling tickets to things that people won’t even go to is not good business. Although they have been doing it for basketball for years.

[quote=“frats, post:5, topic:95”]I was told that a few of the players went home for the weekend, and the rest weren’t interested in participating. [/quote]That’s pretty sad. Every other team honored at halftime had a few if not the whole team there. Couldn’t find one or two guys to carry the banner? You would think it wouldn’t be an option. Now if they were scrimmaging or something I apologize.

If Uncle Lar continues to credit Guido for the great atmosphere at the home games can we blame him for this crowd?

[quote="frats, post:5, topic:95"]I was told that a few of the players went home for the weekend, and the rest weren't interested in participating.[/quote]That's pretty sad. Every other team honored at halftime had a few if not the whole team there. Couldn't find one or two guys to carry the banner? You would think it wouldn't be an option. Now if they were scrimmaging or something I apologize.

If true…not a great sign. BUT we may not have the whole story.

[quote="frats, post:5, topic:95"]I was told that a few of the players went home for the weekend, and the rest weren't interested in participating.[/quote]That's pretty sad. Every other team honored at halftime had a few if not the whole team there. Couldn't find one or two guys to carry the banner? You would think it wouldn't be an option. Now if they were scrimmaging or something I apologize.

Maybe they felt like everyone had to be there, or no one. Plus, without Cornley, Pringle and Morrissey, is it really the NIT Champs? No big deal. Other teams just had a couple hot blondes carrying their banner too.

Is Guido involved in the scheduling? ???

If Uncle Lar continues to credit Guido for the great atmosphere at the home games can we blame him for this crowd?

Blame Fran Ganter. He’s the one that books the opponents.

Maybe they felt like everyone had to be there, or no one. Plus, without Cornley, Pringle and Morrissey, is it really the NIT Champs? No big deal. Other teams just had a couple hot blondes carrying their banner too.

I’m pretty sure every team (minus the football team for obvious reasons) had at least a few members on the field. Hell the whole volleyball team was there and they had a match in Minny the next day.Just seemed odd. Hey even though they were a no show they did get a nice ovation

Blame Fran Ganter. He’s the one that books the opponents.

UL: exactly. Guido has had very little impact.

I just don’t understand the whole backlash from a small segment of the fanbase against Guido. He’s obviously had a major impact on the atmosphere at the stadium (whether you consider it positive or negative).