PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Chambers @ Spikes

Anyone go to the Spikes game and see the new coach? How was the ice cream social? Did he address the gathering there? thanks fro any info.

I heard back from a hoops club member who was at the event. His comments are below.

Nice event!!! I met all the coaches and was extremely impressed. Very personable and ready to go. Burroughs is nice guy!!! Urgo could sell anything. They all were wearing bracelets with the word “Attitude” on it. Also saw tee-shirts with “Attitude” on the back.

[quote="CAPPY, post:2, topic:2534"]I heard back from a hoops club member who was at the event. His comments are below.

Nice event!!! I met all the coaches and was extremely impressed. Very personable and ready to go. Burroughs is nice guy!!! Urgo could sell anything. They all were wearing bracelets with the word “Attitude” on it. Also saw tee-shirts with “Attitude” on the back.[/quote]

I guess Urgo couldnt sell Jay Wright but he is ok for PSU. At Nova, Urgo was Nogo. This “attitude” thing is a bunch of nonsense. How does that translate into wins?

Seriously, is it really that much fun to come up with a schtick to get a rise out of the board? I mean, I really can’t think of any bigger waste of time.

[quote="CAPPY, post:2, topic:2534"]I heard back from a hoops club member who was at the event. His comments are below.

Nice event!!! I met all the coaches and was extremely impressed. Very personable and ready to go. Burroughs is nice guy!!! Urgo could sell anything. They all were wearing bracelets with the word “Attitude” on it. Also saw tee-shirts with “Attitude” on the back.[/quote]

I guess Urgo couldnt sell Jay Wright but he is ok for PSU. At Nova, Urgo was Nogo. This “attitude” thing is a bunch of nonsense. How does that translate into wins?

Locksmith,

The one reason why this is the only message board I pay attention to and post to is that Tim has developed a community of folks who respect the board. We all have differing viewpoints, which is healthy for any message board community and for the most part we all respect each others opinions.

You can have a different opinion, we’re OK with that.

But to come on here and spew out this crappy gibberish of yours time and again will get you banned to the Deadwood board in a hurry.

Come up with something constructive to say, or don’t say it at all.

Thanks,
Marc

Locksmith,

The one reason why this is the only message board I pay attention to and post to is that Tim has developed a community of folks who respect the board. We all have differing viewpoints, which is healthy for any message board community and for the most part we all respect each others opinions.

But to come on here and spew out this crappy gibberish of yours time and again will get you banned to the Deadwood board in a hurry.

Thanks,
Marc

What deadwood board?

Locksmith,

Thanks,
Marc

What deadwood board?

Thanks.

Until you posted, I hadn’t even noticed that it was gone.

Coach Chambers Throws Out the 1st Pitch

Man he sure showed some “Attitude” throwing out that first pitch, huh! ;D

Poster: I got a new 5 series BMW today.
Locksmith: It’s not a 7

Poster: My girlfriend finished second at the Miss Universe contest.
Locksmith: She obviously was too ugly to finish first

Poster: My boss gave me a raise today
Locksmith: If you studied harder you would have given him a raise.

What are you trying to accomplish on this board other than to remind everyone on a daily basis that your a miserable d bag? The new coach is obviously making a tremendous effort to meet people and make people aware of who is in charge now, and he’s doing so during a period when it’s dead up there.

This guy is breath of fresh air and a much needed change within a program that had become incredibly stale.

Chambers made the catcher move on his opening pitch? This guy is a hack. ::slight_smile:

Yeah, but give him 20 seconds with the ump, and he could have talked him into a strike ! :wink:

ocksmith link=topic=2599.msg63788#msg63788 date=1309538316]
It is difficult to read some of your thoughts or lack there of and not respond. Cappy wrote, “Also saw tee-shirts with “Attitude” on the back.” Sheesh. “Urgo could sell anything”, obviously not. As a PSU fan arent you mad that Urgo was even considered for a position? C’mon Dude, this is big boy basketball.

Advice taken.
[/quote]

Locky…is that the best you can do? Talk is cheap as you know…you are right. Do yourself a favor and stay off the board until the the new coach has a season or two under his belt and then we can see if his talk is truly cheap.

Chambers made the catcher move on his opening pitch? This guy is a hack. ::)

Yeah, but give him 20 seconds with the ump, and he could have talked him into a strike ! :wink:

Boy, with this Pat Chambers lovefest going on, it feels like a bunch of us sitting around talking about Bill Brasky!

SNL - Bill Brasky Airport Bar

[quote=“Locksmith”]It is difficult to read some of your thoughts or lack there of and not respond. Cappy wrote, “Also saw tee-shirts with “Attitude” on the back.” Sheesh. “Urgo could sell anything”, obviously not. As a PSU fan arent you mad that Urgo was even considered for a position? C’mon Dude, this is big boy basketball.

Advice taken.[/quote]

I don’t mind the opinion, I admit to thinking many of the same things you point out. Maybe put it in a less aggressive, personal-attacking way.
I think the point is most of us here appreciate how PC is using whatever momentum he has as being the news right now to become as visible as possible. He’s trying to create a little exposure to the program while he can, even if it is just noise. Many of us have been saying this is the type of personality that is needed to get PSU hoops to the next level.

I am hoping PC becomes one of the pieces that helps PSU become a mostly-annual NCAA tourney team, maybe even to the point that it becomes cool to be a PSU basketball fan.

[quote="noobd, post:10, topic:2534"]Chambers made the catcher move on his opening pitch? This guy is a hack. ::)[/quote]

Boy, with this Pat Chambers lovefest going on, it feels like a bunch of us sitting around talking about Bill Brasky!

Not even close. What “lovefest”? Someone asked how the game went, another person said it went well and the new coaches were impressive. Get a clue.

Urgo is a good kid from a solid family. You want to take shots at the coaches, fine. But lose the anonymity. Own your comments and sign your real name.

[quote="noobd, post:10, topic:2534"]Chambers made the catcher move on his opening pitch? This guy is a hack. ::)[/quote]

Not even close. What “lovefest”? Someone asked how the game went, another person said it went well and the new coaches were impressive. Get a clue.

Easy there, fella. There has been plenty of love flying around about our new coach - see any of the Chambers threads. There are many glowing comments about him, and several people have noted that they like him more with every move he makes. I’m fairly smitten myself.

In this particular thread, a guy joked about Chambers being able to use his salesman charm to talk a baseball umpire into calling his pitch a strike. I jokingly replied that it reminded me of the Bill Brasky skit from Saturday Night Live, which, if you watch it, consists of several guys sitting around making increasingly exaggerated drunken boasts about their friend Bill Brasky. Not the best skit, but funny if you imagine them replacing the name Bill Brasky with Pat Chambers. The gags in the SNL skit are especially relevant to our situation because, Bill Brasky is a salesman, much like our new coach. So, I would recommend that you watch the video, lighten up, and get yourself that clue.