PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Chambers gets his first commit

I would guess this is one of the recruits Chamber referenced in visiting in his Radio Interview earlier this week. He said he had 2 recruits visiting, one was on Tuesday and the other I think was Thursday.

[quote="UncleLar, post:19, topic:2522"]Just for the record, this was not the kid that I was referring to a week or so ago when I noted that we had an official visit from someone who was not in the UncleLar matrix. I still don't know who the visitor was but it wasn't this kid.[/quote]

I would guess this is one of the recruits Chamber referenced in visiting in his Radio Interview earlier this week. He said he had 2 recruits visiting, one was on Tuesday and the other I think was Thursday.

He drove down Monday, according to his twitter.

[quote="UncleLar, post:19, topic:2522"]Just for the record, this was not the kid that I was referring to a week or so ago when I noted that we had an official visit from someone who was not in the UncleLar matrix. I still don't know who the visitor was but it wasn't this kid.[/quote]

He drove down Monday, according to his twitter.

according to his last tweet. :slight_smile:

Seems like Bowman is still tweeting.

http://twitter.com/trigz_YNC_21

The kid could be a real good get from reports Locksmith is receiving.

Beating out Iona, NH, Temple and Drexel is quite a coup.

This kid may not be rated as highly as most of the recruits we have coming in this season, but you don’t draw the interest of a school like Temple by not bringing something good to the table. Besides, you never know where a kid might be in his development by the time he finishes high school. Maybe Chambers and Dunphy both saw something in this kid that other coaches haven’t picked up on yet.

At the very least, we did get a guy who has experience playing the 3. That could very well come in handy if we don’t pick another player at that position with the other available scholarship.

I kind of don’t get where the hating vibe is coming from. All this new staff has done is enthusiastically accept an offer to coach at Penn State.

I’m excited about what’s happening. We’ve got a pretty well-rounded squad that year in terms of positions, so it’s not like PC had to jump to fill a need. He coached in the Big East, this kid is under the radar, he must think he’s got a find. Plus, I like Dunphy. If he thinks he can play, that’s good for me, too.

If you’re going to troll at least come up with something original. You posted the same thing over at BSD.

Why do you say that?

BWI reporting that CD’s Devin Thomas visited. Lists him at 6’8".

[quote="NGameday, post:9, topic:2522"]Like this kid a lot[/quote] Why do you say that?
Because he has an awesome name
[quote="UncleLar, post:19, topic:2522"]Just for the record, this was not the kid that I was referring to a week or so ago when I noted that we had an official visit from someone who was not in the UncleLar matrix. I still don't know who the visitor was but it wasn't this kid.[/quote] BWI reporting that CD's Devin Thomas visited. Lists him at 6'8".

Devin Thomas is visiting today. It wasn’t him two weeks ago either.

A quality first post. :smiley:

Looks like a “Good get.” I love what he has to say about Pat as a recruiter!!
At this point in time (HS Juniors) I would not worry about slotting recruits into on court college positions. Just get "players."
What position they play at PSU will work itself out.

Question: Did he really score 20 ppg last year playing with Birch and et al??

[quote="NGameday, post:9, topic:2522"]Like this kid a lot[/quote] Why do you say that?
Because he has an awesome name
Can't wait to hear what Steve does with it (and with that "just made the big shot" inflection) ;D

[quote=“tundra, post:35, topic:2522”]Looks like a “Good get.” I love what he has to say about Pat as a recruiter!!
At this point in time (HS Juniors) I would not worry about slotting recruits into on court college positions. Just get "players."
What position they play at PSU will work itself out.

Question: Did he really score 20 ppg last year playing with Birch and et al?? [/quote]

No. He played at a public high school (Charlestown). Birch played at Notre Dame prep this past season, after he transferred from Winchendon.

Sounds like a good get to me…at least from what he’s saying.

Steve Jones will either have to go all-Brazilian soccer player on us and call him just “Akosa” or go all-Stuart Scott on us with “BOO-NAM”.

Did I read his bio correctly? Will he have attended 3 different high school’s in the Boston area before heading to PSU? That happens too much…IMO.

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:38, topic:2522”]Sounds like a good get to me…at least from what he’s saying.

Steve Jones will either have to go all-Brazilian soccer player on us and call him just “Akosa” or go all-Stuart Scott on us with “BOO-NAM”.[/quote]

Phonetically, his name “kinda” matches “Maddog Bunham”