PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Chambers and Scholarships

In one of those FOS interviews Chambers says that he won’t back out of a kid we recruited while he wasn’t here. They didn’t do that at Nova and he won’t do it here. I’m wondering however what that means for the rest of them. Do you think Bowman got kicked, or left, or it is a mistake? No rumors, just thinking outloud.

Like I said in the other thread, I’m assuming it’s a mistake. I just can’t believe they’d take him off the roster w/o first making an official announcement that he’s leaving.

As far as the rest of the team is concerned, I certainly hope we’re hanging onto everyone. I take Chambers at his word when he says he won’t be pushing anyone out. And I do hope he’s being 100% upfront about that because I can’t think of anything that would turn me off more as a fan and alum than a coach trying to pressure a kid into leaving the team. The only exceptions would be in cases where specific issues come into play (off-court concerns, academic problems, etc.) and coach doesn’t believe they can be resolved internally.

It will be a complete miracle if there isn’t a single transfer from the current roster.

As long as it’s only because the player in question actually wants to leave, then so be it. I really hope it doesn’t happen because I like the roster we have right now. I’m excited for a lot of these younger guys and really looking forward to watching them develop.

I would be shocked if Bowman did decide to leave. After all, Chambers recruited him while at Boston U so it couldn’t have been because of the coaching change.

I’m hoping this is some kind of error. I’m really looking forward to actually see him play the next few years.

Sounds like you have inside information. Is he going to run someone off and say the kid didnt want to be at PSU? Come clean, son.

[quote="ChambersEra, post:3, topic:2523"]It will be a complete miracle if there isn't a single transfer from the current roster.[/quote]

Sounds like you have inside information. Is he going to run someone off and say the kid didnt want to be at PSU? Come clean, son.

It sounds nothing like inside info. It sounds more like CE knows that the likelihood of ANY program going 3-4 years without a transfer is slim, much less a program which has just changed coaches.

We have an entirely new coaching staff, there are no scheduled practices, and class in not in session. I can’t think of HOW Bowman could have gotten in trouble with the NEW staff seeing that there is no team or school functions. It’s hard to imagine that it was something other than some type of legal matter, and we probably would have heard something about that.

It’s even hard to imagine an academic problem that wouldn’t have come under the old regime, seeing how classes ended long before the new coach was hired.

I would have to thin it was a mistake, but it is a really really poor mistake !!! :-[ >:(

[quote="ChambersEra, post:3, topic:2523"]It will be a complete miracle if there isn't a single transfer from the current roster.[/quote]

It sounds nothing like inside info. It sounds more like CE knows that the likelihood of ANY program going 3-4 years without a transfer is slim, much less a program which has just changed coaches.

yep