Calling on Kid

Kid as someone who saw Talor and Taran in HS, are their games comparable and where is Taran in his development as compared to Talor at this stage in their careers? Thanks.

Good question. Have to be careful, as I don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings, so I will say nothing negative, and will not say who I think is better.

I saw Talor as a junior and senior. I saw Taran as a frosh, soph, and only a bit as a junior. I saw Talor in states once, Taran twice.

I’d say Taran is not the offense control player Talor is, not a pg, but could be, but plays off the ball, more like a Manny Harris. Goes to the hole well, finishes strong, likes to dunk, great defensively when he wants to be. Good mid-range game, but needs to improve his 3 shooting. Then again, maybe we have too much of that already. Great ups, great rebounder. If he gets minutes, he’ll outrebound Talor, will grab them above the rim. Talor more of a scorer, though Taran’s length may have him mature later. Pretty common that the taller kids take a bit longer. Not that Taran is that tall, but vs. Talor he is a bit, so a little later maturity I think. Not sure Taran has the scorer’s mentality Talor has, but more well rounded, rebounding, defense, sweeping the ball off the backboard, leading the break. Can really gallop. Very fun to watch, but definitely different games. Same determination. He seems quieter than Talor, but similar assassin qualities. Believe he will be a 15ppg as a soph/junior, maybe 10ppg as a freshman, like Talor. Lots of dribble drive and transition points, and some putbacks. Will get to the line a lot.

You know how Talor drives and has some trouble getting his shot over defenders in the halfcourt? Taran will do that, and be more effective, IMO. He’ll try to dunk some. NICU may be the better one to ask on Taran now. He’s seen him a few times, at least that’s all he admits to. He’s got a man crush, despite denying it. :wink:

Thanks.

Can’t ask NICU about Talor in HS though. I thought you were the one who stalked, I mean watched them up in NY. :wink:

I know that they aren’t the same player but I figured they have a little bit of the same game since they are brothers. You always pick up some stuff off the people you play with and since they are brothers I am sure they have went out to the asphalt lab with each other quite a bit and worked on improvements against each other.

I am starting to feel bad for Taran. Many people seem to think when he gets here PSU’s problem will be answered with him and Battle playing together. I think that is a lot to put on the kid. It is going to be tough for him to be everything everyone wants him to be.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:1, topic:733"]Kid as someone who saw Talor and Taran in HS, are their games comparable and where is Taran in his development as compared to Talor at this stage in their careers? Thanks.[/quote]

I am starting to feel bad for Taran. Many people seem to think when he gets here PSU’s problem will be answered with him and Battle playing together. I think that is a lot to put on the kid. It is going to be tough for him to be everything everyone wants him to be.

Not looking for him to cure all our woes, but another shooter who is confident can’t hurt. That is kind of why I like Edwards. Yes he tries to do a little too much at times but the kid never passes an open shot. That 3 he had yesterday from the wide open look, there are some freshman who would have passed that ball while they heard or thought they heard footsteps. Bill set himself and let er rip. He is also pump faking and going to the rim. We need more of that. If we start to develop an inside game it will take some of the perimeter defense played against us and open up some open 3’s.

It’s like Lar said on another thread, we aren’t losing anyone this year so even if he would only contribute 6 ppg that would have added to a couple of wins this year.

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:3, topic:733”]Thanks.

Can’t ask NICU about Talor in HS though. I thought you were the one who stalked, I mean watched them up in NY. :wink:

I know that they aren’t the same player but I figured they have a little bit of the same game since they are brothers. You always pick up some stuff off the people you play with and since they are brothers I am sure they have went out to the asphalt lab with each other quite a bit and worked on improvements against each other.[/quote]

Well, here they are playing in the states vs. the same team two years in a row. With Talor & Taran in the finals(Taran’s #2) and with Taran in the semis, the year they won it all, and Taran won tourney MVP. You might like Taran schooling Kevin Jones, who currently stars for West Virginia, with 14.6ppg and 7.9rpg. Mike Coburn is at Rutgers and Sherrod Wright is at George Mason, averaging 14ppg combined.

I know it’s just vs. one team, but you get a feel that they brothers are both Playaz…but different games. Taran will help big time. How many guys on PSU currently attack the basket in the halfcourt?

http://www.fox23news.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?articleID=56825

http://www.fox23news.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?articleID=68708

[quote="jjepsu92, post:1, topic:733"]Kid as someone who saw Talor and Taran in HS, are their games comparable and where is Taran in his development as compared to Talor at this stage in their careers? Thanks.[/quote]

Not looking for him to cure all our woes, but another shooter who is confident can’t hurt. That is kind of why I like Edwards. Yes he tries to do a little too much at times but the kid never passes an open shot. That 3 he had yesterday from the wide open look, there are some freshman who would have passed that ball while they heard or thought they heard footsteps. Bill set himself and let er rip. He is also pump faking and going to the rim. We need more of that. If we start to develop an inside game it will take some of the perimeter defense played against us and open up some open 3’s.

It’s like Lar said on another thread, we aren’t losing anyone this year so even if he would only contribute 6 ppg that would have added to a couple of wins this year.

Is PSU going to be allowed to put 6 guys on the floor next year?!
I guess Ed will just give only the totally unproductive minutes of other players to Taran. ???