BYU vs PSU in Glen Falls NY?

The Glen Falls mayor tries to make it happen.

BYU hoop notes: Mayor wants to see Cougars in New York

Lar,

I think this would be an exceptional piece of scheduling on Ed’s part if he can make it happen. Could you imagine the Battle Vs. Fredette crowd that would be on hand? Im certain the atmosphere would be electrifying. Plus the RPI bump for having BYU would be great.

Edit: Plus Buie!

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:848”]The Glen Falls mayor tries to make it happen.

BYU hoop notes: Mayor wants to see Cougars in New York[/quote]

Great idea. Great arena. But only ~4,000 seats, so if it’s a deal, and it’s PSU, I’d buy my tix day 1. Last time Glens Falls played there was in the “A” final in ‘07, a loss to Peekskill, and it was just prior to the Mt. Vernon v. Maginn “AA” final. Had to be 7,000 fans, 90% to see Jimmer’s team, 3 deep at the railing around the top row. After they lost, 6,000 people left, not staying around for “AA” final. The “A” final was most amazing game I ever saw, in that with every Glens Falls basket, a deafening roar and people jumping out of their seats would occur. And everybody dressed in Glens Falls’ red. Reminded me of the movie “Hoosiers.”

Not sure how much money it’d bring in for the teams, but I’d certainly go for that. Exactly 100 miles from my home.

Sounds like a game ESPN would like!

[quote=“mhenry41, post:2, topic:848”]Lar,

I think this would be an exceptional piece of scheduling on Ed’s part if he can make it happen. Could you imagine the Battle Vs. Fredette crowd that would be on hand? Im certain the atmosphere would be electrifying. Plus the RPI bump for having BYU would be great.

Edit: Plus Buie![/quote]I wouldn’t expect to see BYU on the schedule. Ed (if still coaching) will be scheduling trying to keep his job and produce a winning record. Look for a schedule similiar to last years.

Curley will never approve it. A home game against Centenary would be much more appealing. ::slight_smile:

6,000 seats wouldn’t cut it by a long shot. It would have to be held in Albany at the Times Union Center. Even then, a Talor Battle vs. Jimmer Fredette game would probably sell out the 15,500 seat arena.

Sounds like a plan to me. I’ve driven through Albany. Didn’t seem like a very nice place. I’ll let others judge that though. But having a game there would give me an excuse to take a long weekend vacation in the area.

Think1, I believe the GFCC is between 4,000-4,500 seats.

[quote="think1, post:7, topic:848"]6,000 seats wouldn't cut it by a long shot. It would have to be held in Albany at the Times Union Center. Even then, a Talor Battle vs. Jimmer Fredette game would probably sell out the 15,500 seat arena.[/quote]

Just quoting the article…

Mayor Jack Diamond recently sent a letter to BYU basketball coach Dave Rose and other school officials, inviting the Cougars to play a game next season in the [b]6,000-seat[/b] Glens Falls Civic Center.

[quote="think1, post:7, topic:848"]6,000 seats wouldn't cut it by a long shot. It would have to be held in Albany at the Times Union Center. Even then, a Talor Battle vs. Jimmer Fredette game would probably sell out the 15,500 seat arena.[/quote]

Mayor Jack Diamond recently sent a letter to BYU basketball coach Dave Rose and other school officials, inviting the Cougars to play a game next season in the [b]6,000-seat[/b] Glens Falls Civic Center.

I asked someone at the ticket booth, and I thought they said 4000-4500, but maybe if you count the temporary seats they put up on the floor, where the ice is, but not the bball court, it could be an additional 1500. There’s a fair amount on one side,6 or 8 rows, then behind both hoops, 15-20 rows.

I asked someone at the ticket booth, and I thought they said 4000-4500, but maybe if you count the temporary seats they put up on the floor, where the ice is, but not the bball court, it could be an additional 1500. There’s a fair amount on one side,6 or 8 rows, then behind both hoops, 15-20 rows.

Curley will agree to it if BYU will return trips to State College for 15 consecutive seasons.

4,806 according to the link below.

http://www.glensfallscc.com/arenainfo/aboutus.cfm

[quote="mhenry41, post:2, topic:848"]Lar,

Edit: Plus Buie![/quote]I wouldn’t expect to see BYU on the schedule. Ed (if still coaching) will be scheduling trying to keep his job and produce a winning record. Look for a schedule similiar to last years.

Sad, but definitely true.

Really? I’m thinking the schedule that saves his job is one that gets us to the dance. Only way it’s similar to last year is if they expand to 96 teams.

Really? I’m thinking the schedule that saves his job is one that gets us to the dance. Only way it’s similar to last year is if they expand to 96 teams.

Disagree - if ED gets PSU to the NIT next year, I think Curley keeps him on board. I don’t think its dance or bust for Ed. A season of 11-1, 7-11, 1-1, and 19-13 probably gets an NIT bid. That’s the type of schedule ED will do.

Going 8-4, 7-11, 1-1 at 16-16 will get him fired. He’s needs the OOC cupcakes to keep his job.