PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Bye bye osama!

Just heard the news this morning.

WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE WEEK !!!

AWESOME NEWS! Best part of last night is because of Twitter, I knew like 15-20 minutes before it was officially reported on the news. Oh the power of social media.

Some pretty wild photos/videos from Beaver Canyon.

Born in the USA - Penn State celebrates Osama bin Laden’s death

Fortunately, the police didn’t try to stop it.

Fortunately, unlike past celebrations, the revelers didn’t turn into a wrecking crew.

Google is amazing.

Google Maps already has links up to Bin Laden’s compound. A quick search for Pakistani Miliatary Academy will uncover it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Pakistan+Military+Academy&sll=34.188003,73.24261&sspn=0.004988,0.008991&ie=UTF8&hq=Pakistan+Military+Academy&hnear=&ll=34.18767,73.242475&spn=0.001247,0.002248&t=h&z=19&iwloc=B

[quote="UncleLar, post:3, topic:2354"]Fortunately, the police didn't try to stop it.[/quote]

Fortunately, unlike past celebrations, the revelers didn’t turn into a wrecking crew.

I would attribute that largely to the absence of a large amount of alcohol in this celebration. Police said that students were walking around with cups of coffee, instead of cups of beer. Finals started at 8 am today.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:5, topic:2354”]Google is amazing.

Google Maps already has links up to Bin Laden’s compound. A quick search for Pakistani Miliatary Academy will uncover it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Pakistan+Military+Academy&sll=34.188003,73.24261&sspn=0.004988,0.008991&ie=UTF8&hq=Pakistan+Military+Academy&hnear=&ll=34.18767,73.242475&spn=0.001247,0.002248&t=h&z=19&iwloc=B[/quote]

The Google Map has 2 Osama Compunds listed. It’s a good thing the SEALs picked the right one. ;D

…leave it to the internet… :smiley: :wink:

LOL. Ah that is a good one.

And then there is this:

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2011/05/steelers_rb_rashard_mendenhall.html

[quote=“mjg, post:9, topic:2354”]And then there is this:

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2011/05/steelers_rb_rashard_mendenhall.html[/quote]

What is that guy thinkning?!?!?! ???

He plays for a team 50 miles away from Shanksville, the crash site of flight 93, and he says things like that?

Mr. Rooney, show him the door. >:(

Hey can have whatever opinion he wants, that much I don’t care.

But…really?

Having your own opinion is fine, just this is not the time to go public with any opinion that is not seen as patriotic. He should’ve thought before going public with that.

Word out of Columbus is that Tressel knew where Osama bin Laden was hiding for over 6 months, but didn’t know who to tell. ;D

[quote=“mjg, post:9, topic:2354”]And then there is this:

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2011/05/steelers_rb_rashard_mendenhall.html[/quote]
I can understand why an uninformed person would doubt the way in which the towers collapsed. But, if you ever take 2 minutes to research how a concrete and steel building collapses you’ll see that basically they all fall that way. Collapsing down from one floor to the next. Its just the nature of its design structure.

There is a really good documentary giving scientific evidence on why the “truthers” are wrong about almost everything. I think it was done by Popular Mechanics magazine, but can’t recall offhand.

Free speech at the times determined appropriate by the majority. Amendment #11.

Got this off CNN:

Supposedly, Terrell could not confirm the international shipping address.

مضيفته 121 مغارة القديس الوحدة 7 باكستان، والشرق الأوسط 43975-3745

عزيزي السيد بريور،
أنا مهتم في شراء السكر في الكأس السلطانية لقاح التهاب السحايا المدرجة في Craigslist.org. أقدم لكم 50000000 روبية. الرجاء الرد.

الأصدقاء،
مضيفته

[Translated]
OBL
121 Cave St. Unit 7
Pakistan, ME 43975-3745

Dear Mr. Pryor,
I am interested in buying your Sugar Bowl MVP trophy listed on Craigslist.org. I offer you 50,000,000 rupees. Please respond.

Your buddy,
OBL

[quote="State4Life, post:12, topic:2354"]Having your own opinion is fine, just this is not the time to go public with any opinion that is not seen as patriotic. He should've thought before going public with that.[/quote]

Don’t try to go there, tjb. Rashard is not being arrested. We are excercising our free speech to call him an a$$hole.

It always amazes me when people try to pull this stunt. Becasue of free speech, we are not allowed to criticize other people’s opinions or judgement? COME ON !!!

One of the better explanations of why the buildings collapsed:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/world-trade-center-collapse.html

[quote="State4Life, post:12, topic:2354"]Having your own opinion is fine, just this is not the time to go public with any opinion that is not seen as patriotic. He should've thought before going public with that.[/quote]

Don’t try to go there, tjb. Rashard is not being arrested. We are excercising our free speech to call him an a$$hole.

It always amazes me when people try to pull this stunt. Becasue of free speech, we are not allowed to criticize other people’s opinions or judgement? COME ON !!!

Hmmmmm … was I suggesting someone be arrested?

– Kettle

Hmmmmm … was I suggesting someone be arrested?

– Kettle

No, you randomly and unrelatedly brought up free speech and the Constitution in response to another poster being critical of Rashard’s comments. ::slight_smile: