Buie - MVP of local All Star game

Leading scorer with 18 points as Central PA defeated Blair County 109-61.

Go to the Altoona Mirror story

nice

He was diplomatic on the differences in the style of play of each of his HS teams.

[i]"The guys out here are a lot more fundamental than the guys of where I’m from,’’ Buie said. "Where I’m from, it’s a lot quicker game. I’m a lot more used to going up and down the court, you know, transition, steals, dunks, alley oops, things like that.’’

While Buie said it was tough to fit into more of a team-first system and he preferred the style in which he played in New York, he did say the move and change was probably to his benefit.

"It will definitely help me [in college]. In New York, we ran sets and stuff, but it was a lot less,’’ Buie said. "I think the way they play around here is a lot more like the Big Ten, so it will give me good preparation.’’
[/i]
On another point, dunking pre-game is allowed? In NYS it’s a technical foul. Was it just this game where that was waived or is there not a rule in PA on this?

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:3, topic:1089”]He was diplomatic on the differences in the style of play of each of his HS teams.

[i]"The guys out here are a lot more fundamental than the guys of where I’m from,’’ Buie said. "Where I’m from, it’s a lot quicker game. I’m a lot more used to going up and down the court, you know, transition, steals, dunks, alley oops, things like that.’’

While Buie said it was tough to fit into more of a team-first system and he preferred the style in which he played in New York, he did say the move and change was probably to his benefit.

"It will definitely help me [in college]. In New York, we ran sets and stuff, but it was a lot less,’’ Buie said. "I think the way they play around here is a lot more like the Big Ten, so it will give me good preparation.’’
[/i]
On another point, dunking pre-game is allowed? In NYS it’s a technical foul. Was it just this game where that was waived or is there not a rule in PA on this?[/quote]

Pretty sure dunking is not allowed in pregame warmups in PIAA games. This was an all-star game, so the rules are probably more relaxed.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:3, topic:1089"]He was diplomatic on the differences in the style of play of each of his HS teams.

[/i]
On another point, dunking pre-game is allowed? In NYS it’s a technical foul. Was it just this game where that was waived or is there not a rule in PA on this?[/quote]
mes
Pretty sure dunking is not allowed in pregame warmups in PIAA games. This was an all-star game, so the rules are probably more relaxed.

It is a “t” here too. just not in all-star ga