PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Buie likely done at PSU - David Jones

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2011/03/unlikely_buie_will_play_again.html

"Nah, probably not at Penn State," said Battle. "Probably somewhere else. Though he's my brother, I don't know what he's going to do."

bummer. well, good luck to Taran where ever he ends up.

Can’t say that anyone is really surprised by this

I was really hoping that Buie would come back, I guess it just wasn’t a good fit for him here. I hope Taran has success where ever he goes.

I really hope Travis and Lewis can contribute out of the gate and Graham improves his game enough to be a starter with this news. Team is already facing an uphill battle next year. It’s just too bad Taran couldn’t have played 6th man minutes this year and been ready for two great years with Timmy. Could have seen a lot of steals going the other way in transition with those two.

Never thought he was likely to stay, but I am not sure how much interest from decent programs he will draw.

Here’s a bit more detail to Battle’s comments

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/blogs.detail/display/5041/Battle-doesn-t-expect-his-brother-to-play-again-for-Penn-State.html

Best of luck to Taran. I hope things work out for him.

He was out to ND twice(once with his coach), Maryland also. Big loss, IMO. He made mistakes. He’ll land in Big East or ACC, IMO. Look at the schools interested in him on rivals. I bet it ends up MD, ND or Pitt. They’re pretty decent, no?

It really is a shame that things haven’t worked out. I was really hoping to enjoy watching him play for 4 years. I was especially looking forward to seeing he and Timmy play together for the next 2. I think he may be letting an opportunity to play with one of the league’s best up-and-coming point guards. I really thought that he, Frazier, and Marshall could have been a formidable back court. Best of luck to Taran with whatever he decides to do…

Never thought he was likely to stay, but I am not sure how much interest from decent programs he will draw.

He was out to ND twice(once with his coach), Maryland also. Big loss, IMO. He made mistakes. He’ll land in Big East or ACC, IMO. Look at the schools interested in him on rivals. I bet it ends up MD, ND or Pitt. They’re pretty decent, no?

Doubt Pitt. They’re actually 2 over their scholarship limit from the next recruiting class. In other words, 2 Pitt players will be leaving after this season.

Taran was very friendly with Gary Williams prior to the MD game earlier in the season.

Buie obviously has some baggage these coaches have to consider when taking him in. I think he’ll go to a non-BCS conference team.

I would think that will be the case, and that the coaches that drooled and were interested 2 years ago (i.e. Gary Williams) will approach him with a very differnet line and the hard sell will be replaced with a stong dose of expectations. Don’t really think those expectations, in most cases, would be any more different than any Ed would lay out. Only difference being that with Ed, Taran has already used all his “get of jail free cards”.
My gut tells me that Taran has not approached Ed with a “I will do whatever it takes” attitudeand given that, Ed won’t (again) reiterate and bring the “here is what it will take to him.”

I’ll bet you Buie doesn’t land at a Top 4 type BCS program or if he does, it come with some significant strings attached for his redshirt year where he tows the line 100% or his schollie is not renewed. He has a track record that isn’t good with PSU and I know you love him Kid, but his limited play on the court was not that of a 4 star recruit.

[quote="zac1397, post:6, topic:2184"]Never thought he was likely to stay, but I am not sure how much interest from decent programs he will draw.[/quote]

I’ll bet you Buie doesn’t land at a Top 4 type BCS program or if he does, it come with some significant strings attached for his redshirt year where he tows the line 100% or his schollie is not renewed. He has a track record that isn’t good with PSU and I know you love him Kid, but his limited play on the court was not that of a 4 star recruit.

I thought his play was fine. He only played 11 games, and some were pretty good. He came off the bench, so I didn’t expect 10 PPG from him. I’d like to see him stay. But if he leaves, I hope it is somewhere with a strong coach who won’t put up with crap and helps him mature into a man. He would certainly get that if he stays. But maybe he just needs a fresh start – where no one is constantly looking over his shoulder (SC Police). Good luck to you Taran, whatever you decide.

ND??? wow, I feel a bet coming on. Md has been my guess ever since i witnessed the long post game conversation between Taran and Md coach.

Good, the university doesn’t need this kid’s baggage. His immaturity (and stupidity) is what cost him his place at Penn State. I don’t even care enough to wish him well, wherever he goes he goes. He could go to Duke and score 40 a game and I still won’t care about him, or say “we missed out.” This kid has a lot of growing up to do before he can succeed anywhere, whether it be in the OVC, or the Big East.

This is uncalled for.

I want to relate this to another thread…

We are recruiting a kid named Hubbert that served 4 years in prison for an armed home invasion…

…and we are talking about Taran’s BAGGAGE !?!?!?!?

…for real?