PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Buie is out; released from scholarship

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041811aaa.html

I just saw this and I figured that someone would post it. I’m sure this news doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone. I think if Buie was coming back DeChellis wouldn’t have waited so long to make a decision. Taran didn’t play with us that long so I think the team will be OK, and now we have an extra scholarship. Best of luck to Taran Buie where ever he goes. Hopefully he grows, matures, and learned from his time at Penn State.

Good luck Mr. Buie. All the best wherever you decide to play next season.

Does anyone elserhink he’ll end up at Transfer U I mean Iowa State.

Certainly is a shame. It seems that the family moved to State College not just to be able to more easily watch Talor in his final season but also to follow Taran for his four year stint. Now, Talor is graduating and who knows where Taran will end up.

No. But I don’t know. He was much more highly recruited than Chris Babb. Chris Allen was highly recruited, but he only had 1 year left. IMO, Buie will be at Maryland, Texas, Pitt, Florida, WVU. Some place like that. We’ll see. Oh, well.

Bummer, I was still holding out hope that things would work out for him at PSU. Hope he is able to get things turned around and finds a good place to nurture him and his considerable talents.

Does anyone elserhink he'll end up at Transfer U I mean Iowa State.

No. But I don’t know. He was much more highly recruited than Chris Babb. Chris Allen was highly recruited, but he only had 1 year left. IMO, Buie will be at Maryland, Texas, Pitt, Florida, WVU. Some place like that. We’ll see. Oh, well.

He hasn’t exactly improved his stock this year. He didn’t do anything great on the court and off the court he was involved in multiple incidents and got himself kicked off a team.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:4, topic:2329"]Does anyone elserhink he'll end up at Transfer U I mean Iowa State.[/quote]

He hasn’t exactly improved his stock this year. He didn’t do anything great on the court and off the court he was involved in multiple incidents and got himself kicked off a team.

He has a lot of talent, and he will be in big demand.

He comes from a tight family, so I don’t see him going very far away. I see Maryland, who was in the running for his services when he committed. Somewhat close, while being a world away as far as being in the ACC conference.

Pitt seems to be out of the question because of their scholarship situation, they are already shedding players to get within allowance. I don’t know what the situation is at Nova, but Buie in a guard-oriented offense seems inviting.

The debate goes on about this area being a BIG EAST area, and turth be told, when you look at Buie’s options, it seems like the BIG EAST would be a natural fit.

I don’t like to talk bad about a kid, but I get nothing but negative vibes about him. I’ll be surprised if a major program picks him up and wherever he goes, I think he’ll be in trouble. I hope for the best for him, but I have my doubts.

Good luck Taran. I hope you get to where you need to be wherever you end up.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if a major conference team would take him at this point.

Apparently, you don’t pay attention to major college and pro sports.

If he can play, there’s a school that will take him.

BTW… the things he did makes him more of a knucklehead than a real troublemaker. Why would other schools back away? Because he was sited for a public disturbance? Come on.

Good luck, Taran.

If none of the upper-echelon Big East or ACC teams take him, I’d put money on Siena to be where he ends up. Regardless, good luck to him. Really hope he makes something of himself wherever he goes.

That’s what popped into my head.

Like I said, he is an ESPN TOP 150 recruit.

Has he been arrested? Is he in drug trouble? Extra benefit violation?

2 citations.

Coaches will LINE UP for this kid !!!

If none of the upper-echelon Big East or ACC teams take him, I'd put money on Siena to be where he ends up. Regardless, good luck to him. Really hope he makes something of himself wherever he goes.

Like I said, he is an ESPN TOP 150 recruit.

Has he been arrested? Is he in drug trouble? Extra benefit violation?

2 citations.

Coaches will LINE UP for this kid !!!

Kind of a moot point after coaches/scouts began to see him play in college games. We’re not talking about a guy who’s proven at the NCAA level here. Taran played decently in the limited games we saw him but by no means did he live up to the high-billing he got from recruiting services. I can see him ending up somewhere big and certainly developing into a nice player but I think Siena would be a nice spot for him to develop his PG skills, especially if he wants to make the NBA (and follow in his brother’s footsteps ;D ).

I would be willing to make a wager to anyone who wants to take it that he will end up at a BCS school.

I’m going to keep it to myself, but good luck Taran

I’m with you.