PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Bubby to be on SportsNation today sometime between 4-5

From the link below:

Stop by SportsNation with Colin Cowherd and Michelle Beadle today from 4-5 pm outside Gate B of the Bryce Jordan Center. Our very own Talor Battle will be on sometime during the hour....put on your blue and white...your #12 jerseys...and get out and show your Penn State Pride!!!

Penn State basketball on facebook

But how does this fit in with ESPN’s anti-Penn State agenda? Must be an election year.

Did you forget the smiley tree? :slight_smile:

upon further reflection, being with Colin Cowherd could be considered cruel & unusual punishment…

…enjoyed Michelle Beadle when she filled in on Mike & Mike, knowledgeable, entertaining…didn’t enjoy her enough to start tuning in to Colin…not a fan of Rome’esque snark schtick

[quote=“manatree, post:4, topic:1359”]upon further reflection, being with Colin Cowherd could be considered cruel & unusual punishment…

…enjoyed Michelle Beadle when she filled in on Mike & Mike, knowledgeable, entertaining…didn’t enjoy her enough to start tuning in to Colin…not a fan of Rome’esque snark schtick[/quote]

Agree with the Cowherd assessment. He’s knowledgeable, opinionated and I get his schtick, at least from an ESPN viewpoint. But comes a time when smugness trumps both knowledge and opinions.

With that said, looking forward to seeing Talor on TV.

If I tune in it’ll be to see Beadle and listen to Battle…and Colin can fall off the face of the earth

[quote="manatree, post:4, topic:1359"]upon further reflection, being with Colin Cowherd could be considered cruel & unusual punishment......

…enjoyed Michelle Beadle when she filled in on Mike & Mike, knowledgeable, entertaining…didn’t enjoy her enough to start tuning in to Colin…not a fan of Rome’esque snark schtick[/quote]

Agree with the Cowherd assessment. He’s knowledgeable, opinionated and I get his schtick, at least from an ESPN viewpoint. But comes a time when smugness trumps both knowledge and opinions.

With that said, looking forward to seeing Talor on TV.

Not sure you’re getting his shtick if you think of him as truly a smug person. It’s an act for the most part, he’s just trying to get people riled up… and it works.

I love it personally, one of the few people in sports media not just giving you the same old show day after day.

Is it TV or radio?

Does someone know where it will be on in the Harrisburg area?

[quote=“Skeeza, post:8, topic:1359”]Is it TV or radio?

Does someone know where it will be on in the Harrisburg area?[/quote]

ESPN2
comcast 31

For me his message gets lost in the schtick. I remember I used to hate Stephen A Smith. My chosen name for him was the Rhetorical Masturbator. My first introduction to him was on shows like Around the Horn, 1st and 10, etc. which are nothing but chest thumping pissing matches. However he had a different approach on his short lived show Quite Frankly. He focused more on substance than bravado. Since then I try to read his columns for the Inquirer. I don’t always agree with him, which is fine. At least I’m disagreeing with his substance rather than being unable to find the substance among the style.

He’s on now

Michelle Beadle is actually a bit taller than Talor with her heels on. :slight_smile:

Summary of the interview?

Not sure you're getting his shtick if you think of him as truly a smug person.

For me his message gets lost in the schtick. I remember I used to hate Stephen A Smith. My chosen name for him was the Rhetorical Masturbator. My first introduction to him was on shows like Around the Horn, 1st and 10, etc. which are nothing but chest thumping pissing matches. However he had a different approach on his short lived show Quite Frankly. He focused more on substance than bravado. Since then I try to read his columns for the Inquirer. I don’t always agree with him, which is fine. At least I’m disagreeing with his substance rather than being unable to find the substance among the style.

I’ve both read and listened to Stephen A. and I can’t say he offers anything I find worthwhile.

I appreciate the fact that Colin while openly discuss sports betting, which wasn’t as widely done just a few years ago when he was already doing it. There a lot of other things I like about him, but i’ll admit initially he rubbed me the wrong way also - until I started to get a feel for what he was trying to do. Now I love him, the only sports show I really care to listen to on TV or the radio, with the exception of Doug Gottlieb every once in awhile… who i also know isn’t very popular.

But I don’t always consider popularity a good thing. :wink:

I’m sure some here will disagree with you on that.

A site called ChaCha says:

Michelle Beadle stated on her Twitter account that she is 5’8". She said she looked taller on TV because of the heels she wears.

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-tall-is-michelle-beadle

[quote="Skeeza, post:11, topic:1359"]He's on now[/quote]

Really wasn’t an interview as much as a guest commentator. He was on for 3-5 minutes. Stated the BIG TEN team he dislikes the most is Michigan State, because they are the frontrunners.

Commented on Paternoville, lead the crowd in a We-R Penn-State chant. He does a really nice job of public speaking. Seems very comfortable in front of the camera and in front of the crowd. A lot of athletes feel outside their comfort zone in front of crowds if they don’t have a ball in their hands.

I gotta admit, the kid looks real put-together. In great shape. He must have put on about 20-25 pounds since he got to campus as a freshman.

[quote="Skeeza, post:11, topic:1359"]He's on now[/quote]

Really wasn’t an interview as much as a guest commentator. He was on for 3-5 minutes. Stated the BIG TEN team he dislikes the most is Michigan State, because they are the frontrunners.

Commented on Paternoville, lead the crowd in a We-R Penn-State chant. He does a really nice job of public speaking. Seems very comfortable in front of the camera and in front of the crowd. A lot of athletes feel outside their comfort zone in front of crowds if they don’t have a ball in their hands.

I gotta admit, the kid looks real put-together. In great shape. He must have put on about 20-25 pounds since he got to campus as a freshman.

Cool, thanks for the update.

PSUStretch tweeted how the crowd was great and how Cowherd declared PSU the best stop… also included a picture:

They missed one PSU plug opportunity. During the bit on the high heels race, they should have mentioned that PSU grad Chi-Chi Aduba won it, and $25,000, in 2008.