Bubble busting games in November

This is not good guys…It’s obviously a VERY long season and games late in the year seem to matter more than early games, BUT losing games at ANY point in the season that should be won, is obviously not viewed favorably by the Committee. We gotta salvage one…

Even being in the NCAA picture towards the end of this season would be a pretty big turnaround at this point.

It’s a tough loss, but I just dont see sucess this season coming from the NCAA’s. We haven’t been to the NIT two years in a row ever to the best of my knowledge. We should be happy with that. I’ll say it til I die, but our sucess should be measure off of our history, not off of huge programs. We’ll never be happy with progress if we want it all every year.

Making the NCAA tournament isn’t really wanting it all. Based upon PSU history maybe it tends toward the loftier side, but certainly not insurmountable. If the goal of the program is to collect a B10 check and finish anywhere from 9th to 11th place then I would like to know so I do not invest time and interest into the program. I do not believe that is the goal, so as a fan I have to be disappointed every time it seem the program has turned the corner you end up getting punched in the mouth.

You have to persevere.

I thought it would be tough to get to the NCAAs this year but was hoping to make it out of November with a shot. :-[

Let’s hope we can develop into a good team by the spring and maybe next year will be our year! Seems like we say that a lot around here but it is what it is.

[quote="NGameday, post:3, topic:307"]It's a tough loss, but I just dont see sucess this season coming from the NCAA's. We haven't been to the NIT two years in a row ever to the best of my knowledge. We should be happy with that. I'll say it til I die, but our sucess should be measure off of our history, not off of huge programs. We'll never be happy with progress if we want it all every year.[/quote]

Making the NCAA tournament isn’t really wanting it all. Based upon PSU history maybe it tends toward the loftier side, but certainly not insurmountable. If the goal of the program is to collect a B10 check and finish anywhere from 9th to 11th place then I would like to know so I do not invest time and interest into the program. I do not believe that is the goal, so as a fan I have to be disappointed every time it seem the program has turned the corner you end up getting punched in the mouth.

You have to persevere.

THere is prob a middle ground between the two

Geez, I’m not sure what to say. ??? Whats needs to happen to make shots go down? Not to oversimplify the issues at hand, but if PSU even shoots a half-a$#ed percentage from the floor in either game, we aren’t here crying in our beer. In fact, I imagine we would be talking about how little experience the team as a whole has playing with one another, yet how well they are growing as we wait to see who is playing us next… :’(

I am a little confused. Are you saying the team has little experience? No seniors BUT Talor, DJ, Andrew and Brooks have played together for 2 full seasons. Babb played last year. For a college to have it’s top 4 players playing their 3rd season together is experienced in college basketball.

[quote="mhenry41, post:7, topic:307"]Geez, I'm not sure what to say. ??? Whats needs to happen to make shots go down? Not to oversimplify the issues at hand, but if PSU even shoots a half-a$#ed percentage from the floor in either game, we aren't here crying in our beer. In fact, I imagine we would be talking about how little experience the team as a whole has playing with one another, yet how well they are growing as we wait to see who is playing us next... :'([/quote] I am a little confused. Are you saying the team has little experience? No seniors BUT Talor, DJ, Andrew and Brooks have played together for 2 full seasons. Babb played last year. For a college to have it's top 4 players playing their 3rd season together is experienced in college basketball.

The four juniors obviously have plenty of experience. But the entire span of minutes has a serious “young blood” flavor. Sure Babb played last year, but this is his first foray into being the man at his position. Frazier is logging prime minutes. Sasa has been in there quite a bit. There is a lot of pressure on these guys in big roles.

I think this team could lose on Sunday (regardless of who they play) and possibly one or two more non-conf games…they’ll definitely play better at home.

However, I think this team will be pretty good by season’s end. I can still envision us being 8-10 in the BT or something close to that. Given these loses this week, that may not even get us into the NIT but at least we’ll all be excited about next year :-[

Yeah a lot of pressure… they are getting beaten by Mid-major and lower conference teams. It’s one thing if PSU wins against these teams but plays like crap, but they aren’t even winning! We all believe PSU has more talent than these teams, but besides Battle and Frazier, I’m not seeing it!

Plus, with the exception of Battle, they are all adjusting to new roles. Jackson was playing the 3, Brooks was coming in off the bench, Babb was behind Morrissey and Stan, and Drew’s job was to defend and get garbage buckets.

Don’t get me wrong, I never expected to lose games like this, but I still stand by what I’ve been saying ALL offseason. We have A LOT of unproven players and it’s going to be a rebuilding year. The good thing is we do have some experience so it’s hopeful that we can gel rather quickly. We know Babb and Battle will shoot better. I’m still confident that Drew can at the very least match his numbers from last year. Brooks like good. Ott looks very capable to provide some quality backup minutes,as does Sasa.

I think we’ll be ok. It can’t get much worse than it has been the last 2 games.