PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

BSD: Ed DeChellis Needs To Go

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2010/12/22/1890766/ed-dechellis-needs-to-go

I've always been a fan of Ed DeChellis. He took over a program that Jerry Dunn left in shambles in 2003. Things were so bad they couldn't even scrape up enough players to have a scrimmage in practice. Assistant coaches needed to suit up and play just so they had enough guys. Nobody associated with the Penn State basketball program liked coming to work. Players were defecting, and the fans showed absolutely no interest. The facilities were on par with the Patriot League, and no self respecting high school kid wanted to come play for Penn State.

Enjoy the laundry list of comments from mostly football fans. :smiley:

This loss appears to have sparked the fanbase into rage.

I think that is a good thing.

What I’m worried about is that after literally having all kinds of time for Ed and his staff to prepare for the game it looked like we were the team that had just played a game and didn’t have time to get a full scouting report. Now we have a whole bunch of days off again before we play Indiana. It would almost be better if we just played right away and the guys didn’t have time to think about anything.

I think they have a lot to think about. Like do they care enough to show up for the rest of the games? I listened to a few minutes on the radio and from what Dick was saying, it seemed like no one knew there was a game until it was too late to do anything about it. If the senior “leaders” don’t care enough to put out 100%, then play the freshmen. (Kid, I’m not questioning Talor). Go with a lineup of Talor and 4 guys that will be back next year. And use the full bench. It’s silly to play guys who won’t be able to contribute next year if they aren’t going all out to win this year.

(Note: This opinion was formed by listening to about 3 minutes on the radio, so I could be very uninformed as to what really went down last night).

The facilities were on par with the Patriot League

Ummm, what? ???

Ummm, what? ???[/quote]

I’m guessing that means whatever the offices, etc. were like prior to the much publicized upgrades of a couple years ago.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:5, topic:1678"][quote]The facilities were on par with the Patriot League[/quote]

Ummm, what? ???[/quote]

I’m guessing that means whatever the offices, etc. were like prior to the much publicized upgrades of a couple years ago.

Just seems like an odd point to bring up, didn’t know if there was much more to this story I somehow missed. Guess not.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:5, topic:1678"][quote]The facilities were on par with the Patriot League[/quote]

Ummm, what? ???[/quote]

Just seems like an odd point to bring up, didn’t know if there was much more to this story I somehow missed. Guess not.

I think it’s an exaggeration. But whatever. I guess it adds some meat to the writer’s point – kinda like Spam is meat.

I actually thought a lot of the comments were substantive and interesting. Not all of them, obviously. But for comments on blog, pretty high signal to noise ratio.

I also had no idea that Jesse Arnelle was on the PSU Board of Trustees until I read the comments there.

since 1969

Ummm, what? ???[/quote]

First hand experience with the offices and locker room I’d say more like that sterile feeling you get while walking through a hospital. There is no character to the BJC even with the renovations which could be viewed as inferior to the Patriot league but it was far better in amenities.