PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Brooks Highlight video

Jeff Brooks- Penn State Basketball Highlights

Great video!

Song choice was not my favorite. :wink:

LOL Tim Frazier’s reaction to the dunk at 1:16 is priceless.

Cool video though, so relieved to watch Brooks really put it together this past season after we watched these brief moments of brilliance (like you see in this video) all throughout his first 3 seasons. It would have been nice to have two full seasons of the consistent play he showed this season, but overall I think he lived up to the expectations most had for him coming into this program. A very special player that I’m going to miss watching. Hopefully he gets to have a nice professional career somewhere and we get to see more of these highlight tapes as his career continues.

[quote=“LPcreation, post:2, topic:2360”]Great video!

Song choice was not my favorite. ;)[/quote]

Totally agree. MUTE.

Wow, you guys weren’t kidding about the music.

[quote="LPcreation, post:2, topic:2360"]Great video!

Song choice was not my favorite. ;)[/quote]

Totally agree. MUTE.

Most of these highlight videos have awful music.

Never thought I’d be like this, but I can’t listen to the radio anymore. I sound like my grandfather, but I don’t understand how kids can listen to that noise.

My tuner is on AM Sportstalk radio.

I’m a music guy so I really like everything. But that beat wasn’t good, terrible vocal tone and lyrics were embarrassingly bad…even the 18 year old LPcreation would agree with that one. :slight_smile:

Then again, lots of people hate what I listen to. To each their own.

[quote="Skeeza, post:6, topic:2360"]Most of these highlight videos have awful music.[/quote]

I’m a music guy so I really like everything. But that beat wasn’t good, terrible vocal tone and lyrics were embarrassingly bad…even the 18 year old LPcreation would agree with that one. :slight_smile:

I’m a music guy too. I don’t know, what about that background noise would, should or could be considered as music. I wasn’t listening (didn’t try or want to), but in the lyrics it was the vulgarity that kept popping out. I’m no prude but that was over the top. I would prefer to think that Jeff would rather not have that stuff associated with his highlights. But there it is.

[quote="Skeeza, post:6, topic:2360"]Most of these highlight videos have awful music.[/quote]

I’m a music guy too. I don’t know, what about that background noise would, should or could be considered as music. I wasn’t listening (didn’t try or want to), but in the lyrics it was the vulgarity that kept popping out. I’m no prude but that was over the top. I would prefer to think that Jeff would rather not have that stuff associated with his highlights. But there it is.

That’s Lil’ Wayne and I have no doubt that a lot of the guys are listening to his music so it probably doesn’t bother him in the least.

I don’t even care that much about the lyrics. There was just no musical talent, either vocals, rhythm or production.

Nice video. I am a fan of hip hop, but not a fan of Drake or Lil Wayne

Haha, it sounds like you know Lil Wayne pretty well.

One thing I will give him though, although his lyrics are usually off the wall an very random, he doesn’t keep a rap journal or pre-write his lyrics. I’m sure that is part of the reason why they are so random.

If all his lyrics are free-form, that’s pretty good. That song was very random

I think his “talent” is that he just memorized all the words that rhyme with expletives.

If anyone thinks they just turn on the mike at the studio, play the track, and he starts coming up with lyrics off the top of his head… I have a bridge to sell you.

Why are his songs random? Maybe because he is CONSTANTLY STONED !!!

[quote="Tom, post:13, topic:2360"]If all his lyrics are free-form, that's pretty good. That song was very random[/quote]

If anyone thinks they just turn on the mike at the studio, play the track, and he starts coming up with lyrics off the top of his head… I have a bridge to sell you.

But Snoop Dogg’s lyrics weren’t random :slight_smile:

A better Jeff Brooks highlight video:
Jeff was knocked OUT!

[quote=“noobd, post:17, topic:2360”]A better Jeff Brooks highlight video:
Jeff was knocked OUT![/quote]

Looks like an Ambien moment to me.

[quote="Tom, post:13, topic:2360"]If all his lyrics are free-form, that's pretty good. That song was very random[/quote]

While I don’t envision him truly free-styling ever song on an album the first time, he doesn’t prewrite. I’m not saying that he doesn’t at least think about what he’s going to say write before the song (ie not totally off the top of his head), but the songs are more"free-form" than other rappers in the business. I once watched a documentary on him (I think it was on MTV), and that is one thing they emphasized.

A quick google search gets this explanation:

Hes such a versatile rapper, and whats more amazing is how he comes up with his lyrics. He doesn't pre-write his songs out, but instead goes and listens to the beat, He will say a few lines, if they don't like it, he does it again, if they like what he said the keep at and he goes on to the next few lines.

The only time I can remember being THAT tired (unmedicated) was when I fell asleep sitting in a chair under a running shower with half a chewed hoagie in my mouth. It was after dancing in Thon.