PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Brooks' dunks

After seeing Brooks’ dunks vs. Maryland and Mt. St. Mary’s, I’m not sure I can remember another Nittany Lion who could throw one down like him. Is he the best dunker in PSU history?

Claxton had a bunch… I’d say he’s still quite a ways ahead of Brooks in that regard.

Stephens…mean dunks

Claxton never threw down with sheer authority like Brooks has a few times this season.

I agree. Brooks is getting some serious height and throwing down hard!

not that I get wood over dunks, but my money would be on Q-Tip

Dan McKenna could throw down a nasty one every now and then

I think Brooks has been impressive, but I’d still rank Claxton ahead of him. Geary’s dunk against Seton Hall on a miss is still probably #1 all time at PSU. If Brooks can get close to that I’ll be very impressed. Would be nice to see some kind of alley oop inbounds play to Jeff like Mike Walker and Geary used to run.

I’d also go with Jennings.

Though he never dunked in a game, John Robinson (at least I think that was his name), a walk-on on the 95-96 team, used to put on a dunking display in warmups.

It was Luber and Geary that ran it. Walker tried it a couple of time but it never worked like it did with Luber running the play (and, no kid, that doesn’t mean that I’m pining for Ben Luber to come back).

[quote="psugrad83, post:8, topic:1618"]I think Brooks has been impressive, but I'd still rank Claxton ahead of him. Geary's dunk against Seton Hall on a miss is still probably #1 all time at PSU. If Brooks can get close to that I'll be very impressed. Would be nice to see some kind of alley oop inbounds play to Jeff like Mike Walker and Geary used to run.[/quote]

It was Luber and Geary that ran it. Walker tried it a couple of time but it never worked like it did with Luber running the play (and, no kid, that doesn’t mean that I’m pining for Ben Luber to come back).

Yeah, you got over that phase. :wink:

[quote="psugrad83, post:8, topic:1618"]I think Brooks has been impressive, but I'd still rank Claxton ahead of him. Geary's dunk against Seton Hall on a miss is still probably #1 all time at PSU. If Brooks can get close to that I'll be very impressed. Would be nice to see some kind of alley oop inbounds play to Jeff like Mike Walker and Geary used to run.[/quote]

My mistake, I stand corrected.