Brennan: Do Roster Changes Loom? $$$$

$$$$http://pennstate.scout.com/2/952571.html

Tom (underscore) you’re mean. >:( :smiley:

Why would you make this a thread when a membership is required to read the story? ::slight_smile:

Crap…sorry about that…I thought it was free.

No problem.

The title of the article tells you all you need to know. Ed and the boys seem to be out looking for a recruits and they aren’t all juniors…

it’s got to be tough to pull in a lot of great recruits coming off of this season. I’d think the ideal situation would be looking for just 1 more recruit, and maybe at a Juco

Why? Do they think Oliver’s career is over with the concussions?

He would have been a great addition this year.

Not many seniors left. In top 160 on rivals, the few left(less than 10-15) are either guards, from Oregon, or a bunch of schools, big names, on the list. This kid looks somewhat interesting.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Jonathan-Graham-71412;_ylt=AgepeFNVyR6XywTOa94VfN1GPZB4

There is nothing new in this article. It says absolutely nothing more than has already been written in the CDT and speculated here.

And all the speculation on this board is free of charge! ;D

Link: http://www.centredaily.com/2010/03/09/1841095/nittany-lions-still-seeking-prospects.html

2 thoughts…

1.) you never stop recruiting. No matter what. You recruit for this year, you recruit for next, you recruit for 5 years from now. It’s neverending. What happens if a player blows out a knee in the tournament and ends his careeer? What about someting happening to Buie? Also be prepared.

2.) Of all the players to not return, why would they ask a post player to leave? Isn’t that our weakest area? How can you have Ott not return when he is starting to show some effectiveness? Like I’ve said, the post players have, by far, the biggest learing curve in cbb. Next year is the big year. You cannot try to make a splash with a first yera post player. IT AIN’T GOING TO HAPPEN !!!

I think the most likely scenerio is the one mentioned in the article, but the staff doesn’t want to come out and say it. If Oliver is only doing 12 minute workouts on a treadmill at this point, then his career on the hardwood is probably over. If he’s still showing signs of discomfort from a concussion that happened months or years ago, there is no sense in putting him in a position to get another.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:13, topic:940”]2 thoughts…

1.) you never stop recruiting. No matter what. You recruit for this year, you recruit for next, you recruit for 5 years from now. It’s neverending. What happens if a player blows out a knee in the tournament and ends his careeer? What about someting happening to Buie? Also be prepared.

2.) Of all the players to not return, why would they ask a post player to leave? Isn’t that our weakest area? How can you have Ott not return when he is starting to show some effectiveness? Like I’ve said, the post players have, by far, the biggest learing curve in cbb. Next year is the big year. You cannot try to make a splash with a first yera post player. IT AIN’T GOING TO HAPPEN !!!

I think the most likely scenerio is the one mentioned in the article, but the staff doesn’t want to come out and say it. If Oliver is only doing 12 minute workouts on a treadmill at this point, then his career on the hardwood is probably over. If he’s still showing signs of discomfort from a concussion that happened months or years ago, there is no sense in putting him in a position to get another.[/quote]

In the CDT article ED seems to indicate it will be the players’ decision (I’m assuming Oliver is more medical though) in the case of the three RS Juniors. Don’t think ED would force any of the three to leave.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:13, topic:940”]2 thoughts…

I think the most likely scenerio is the one mentioned in the article, but the staff doesn’t want to come out and say it. If Oliver is only doing 12 minute workouts on a treadmill at this point, then his career on the hardwood is probably over. If he’s still showing signs of discomfort from a concussion that happened months or years ago, there is no sense in putting him in a position to get another.[/quote]
OTT has NOTT shown effectiveness

[quote="Skeeza, post:13, topic:940"]2 thoughts......

OTT has NOTT shown effectiveness

Considering he didn’t even play in tonight’s game, I don’t think his effectiveness will even be an issue next season.