PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Brandon Taylor's Games on YouTube

You can watch two of Trenton Catholic’s full games on YouTube. The quality is actually surprisingly great. You have to go to view game playlist once you start watching it.

1 | St Patrick High School ( New Jersey ) Vs Trenton Catholic Academy ( New Jersey )

1 | Trenton Catholic Academy ( New Jersey ) Vs St Anthony High School ( New Jersey )

Didn’t get to finish either game but I was impressed with what I seen. Brandon is strong and athletic. I am very excited by what I seen. He knows how to use his body as well and I like his jump shot. He definitely wouldn’t get the Pat Chambers hustle award judging by what I’ve seen, but I know PC can change that!

This was my concern, but had the same feeling as well. He won’t play if this is the kind of effort he exerts. It’s a nice feeling knowing this is a staple of the program.

[quote="Pizzaman, post:1, topic:3049"]He definitely wouldn't get the Pat Chambers hustle award judging by what I've seen, but I know PC can change that![/quote]

This was my concern, but had the same feeling as well. He won’t play if this is the kind of effort he exerts. It’s a nice feeling knowing this is a staple of the program.

Worth mentioning that Geno plays a similar style of “Standing around at times.” when I talked to Chambers at Geno’s game here he seems to think that it’s a sign the guy is the best player on the floor rather than he doesn’t put in effort. If you’re beating everybody up you don’t try as hard. Not an excuse, but not a sign the guy can’t be a hard worker.

I agree. I seen Geno play in 2 games and one was very close and he was very active the entire time.

[quote="Pizzaman, post:1, topic:3049"]He definitely wouldn't get the Pat Chambers hustle award judging by what I've seen, but I know PC can change that![/quote]

Worth mentioning that Geno plays a similar style of “Standing around at times.” when I talked to Chambers at Geno’s game here he seems to think that it’s a sign the guy is the best player on the floor rather than he doesn’t put in effort. If you’re beating everybody up you don’t try as hard. Not an excuse, but not a sign the guy can’t be a hard worker.

I’ve coached kids who are uber-talented for their respective age groups and seen exactly that. They will exert just enough effort to get the job done. In tight games, or games on the line, you’ll see those “best players” give the effort necessary for their team to be successful.

I assume you were asking this in broad generalities, not asking him to comment directly on Thorpe.

I’ve coached kids who are uber-talented for their respective age groups and seen exactly that. They will exert just enough effort to get the job done. In tight games, or games on the line, you’ll see those “best players” give the effort necessary for their team to be successful.

It’s the answer to he question of why certain hitters have a higher batting average with runners in scoring position than otherwise. Or why a 70% FT shooter hits 80% in the last two minutes of games.

It’s the answer to he question of why certain hitters have a higher batting average with runners in scoring position than otherwise. Or why a 70% FT shooter hits 80% in the last two minutes of games.

It’s also a reason why college coaches will recruit from the AAU circuit rather than from high school games. On the AAU circuit, you are more likely matched against really good talent from game to game, and you get a better view of the player’s ability.

I think it’s why we landed Talor. He missed the AAU season his junior year, and was not seriously scouted by the big boys.

I’m more excited for this kid then any other one we have recruited for next season (I’m not counting Newbill in that, though I am excited to see him). He looks like a very good athlete, and I was particularly impressed with how quickly he got off the ground for rebounds, and blocks. Think he’ll be a good player for us.