PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Brandon Taylor Update

Earlier this week, Brandon Taylor led his Trenton Catholic Academy team to the Mercer County Championship in a game against neighboring Ewing. In New Jersey, teams can opt to compete in a county championship tournament prior to the state championship tournament, which begins next week. In the county championship game, Brandon got into some early foul trouble, but he had a strong second half. I attended the game, and I posted an account of it on my free, totally non-commercial website, www.highschool-basketball.com . There are also a number of articles on the site discussing various Imhotep Charter games, and that may be of interest to some board members.

In New Jersey’s NJSIAA state championship tournament, Trenton Catholic Academy is in the same classification–Non-Public B–as defending de facto national champion St. Anthony (Jersey City), an unbeaten team (coached by Basketball Hall of Fame member Bob Hurley) currently ranked #3 in the country by “USA Today”. To get to St. Anthony, Trenton Catholic Academy will have to get past Gill St. Bernard’s (Gladstone, NJ), which was ranked in the “USA Today” list of the top 25 teams in the country for most of the season before suffering a loss in the Primetime Shootout to Plainfield (Plainfield, NJ).

I love your website man, by the way. Been checking out the last few months to get a grasp of the Philly basketball scene. Thanks.

Thanks, Eric!

I’m excited for Brandon Taylor. He seems to be very athletic, and has a ton of upside.

Just FYI…Brandon attended the Northwestern game on Saturday evening…looking forward to seeing him here next year.