BJC Seating

So, I’m trying to decide what the best seats would be when I pick out season tix.

The letter I received has said there are seats in 102, 109, 119, and 126 (and a limited number in 103, 104, 107, 108, 120, 121, 124, and 125.)

I tend to be a bit louder in my cheering than most, I’ve been told, so any suggestions on which section is either more tolerant of enthusiastic fans or closer to the student section, which appreciates noise on defense a bit more than some of the wealthier alum sections, it seems. :slight_smile:

Any advice from people who have tickets in any of those sections or suggestions on which are the best seats?

Personally, I’d rather be closer to center court than down as low I can get. Higher up in 104 gives you better sight lines than lower seats in 102. Also, since you like to yell, seats behind the student section might be better for you. IF, and that’s a big if, the seating chart is depicted correctly the students are on 103-108 side.
http://www.gopsusports.com/tickets/bryce-chart.html

[quote=“JakkL, post:2, topic:34”]Personally, I’d rather be closer to center court than down as low I can get. Higher up in 104 gives you better sight lines than lower seats in 102. Also, since you like to yell, seats behind the student section might be better for you. IF, and that’s a big if, the seating chart is depicted correctly the students are on 103-108 side.
http://www.gopsusports.com/tickets/bryce-chart.html[/quote]

Not sure what you mean by “depicted correctly” since I don’t see anything wrong with it, but the students are NOT on the 103-108 side. They are on the opposite side in 120-125 on the Lower Event Level.

Some more info that might be helpful is that the rows are numbered, or more correctly, lettered, going AWAY from the divider between the Lower Event Level and the Event Level. They are double lettered in the lower level and single lettered in the EVENT level. In the Lower Level row AA is the furthest from the floor (the row on the floor I believe is JJ). In the Event Level, the opposite happens - row A is the closest to the floor and the letters go progressively higher as you move away from the floor (there are probably about twenty rows).

Personally, I think the better seats would be in 121 or 124. 121 would be directly across from the Penn State bench while 124 would be across from the opponent’s bench.

[quote="JakkL, post:2, topic:34"]Personally, I'd rather be closer to center court than down as low I can get. Higher up in 104 gives you better sight lines than lower seats in 102. Also, since you like to yell, seats behind the student section might be better for you. [b]IF[/b], and that's a [b]big if[/b], the seating chart is depicted correctly the students are on 103-108 side. [url=http://www.gopsusports.com/tickets/bryce-chart.html]http://www.gopsusports.com/tickets/bryce-chart.html[/url][/quote]

Not sure what you mean by “depicted correctly” since I don’t see anything wrong with it, but the students are NOT on the 103-108 side. They are on the opposite side in 120-125 on the Lower Event Level.

I think “depicted correctly” is the orientation to the “front” of the court as it’s drawn on the picture, or if you’re facing the chipmunk or looking upside down on the chipmunk. If I remember correctly, the court was “reveresd” so that the student section is on the TV, not the benches, thereby putting the students on the “top side” of the chipmunk so that the court didn’t look upside down on TV. Therefore, you would then assume the students to be in 103-108 based on the seating chart diagram.

Lar, I think that’s what Jakk meant, meaning he couldn’t trust the webside to be 100% accurate.

[quote="JakkL, post:2, topic:34"]Personally, I'd rather be closer to center court than down as low I can get. Higher up in 104 gives you better sight lines than lower seats in 102. Also, since you like to yell, seats behind the student section might be better for you. [b]IF[/b], and that's a [b]big if[/b], the seating chart is depicted correctly the students are on 103-108 side. [url=http://www.gopsusports.com/tickets/bryce-chart.html]http://www.gopsusports.com/tickets/bryce-chart.html[/url][/quote]

I think “depicted correctly” is the orientation to the “front” of the court as it’s drawn on the picture, or if you’re facing the chipmunk or looking upside down on the chipmunk. If I remember correctly, the court was “reveresd” so that the student section is on the TV, not the benches, thereby putting the students on the “top side” of the chipmunk so that the court didn’t look upside down on TV. Therefore, you would then assume the students to be in 103-108 based on the seating chart diagram.

Lar, I think that’s what Jakk meant, meaning he couldn’t trust the webside to be 100% accurate.

Ah, I see. Thanks, that never would have occurred to me. Yes, the court was reversed a couple of years ago, so the chipmunk logo as depicted in the image is wrong.

Yes. that is exactly what I meant.

btw. I reported this issue to the PSU website. I’ll bet they don’t fix it because the guy who replied didn’t really bother to read what I said. His response was that the students sit in 120-125 and that they also wrap around behind the basket.

I couldn’t tell you the last time i submitted a question online to any company’s customer service where I got a response that even remotely answered a very specific question or issue. Frustrating. :frowning:

[quote=“JakkL, post:6, topic:34”]Yes. that is exactly what I meant.

btw. I reported this issue to the PSU website. I’ll bet they don’t fix it because the guy who replied didn’t really bother to read what I said. His response was that the students sit in 120-125 and that they also wrap around behind the basket.

I couldn’t tell you the last time i submitted a question online to any company’s customer service where I got a response that even remotely answered a very specific question or issue. Frustrating. :([/quote]

This is a classic case of being so close to something, you don’t see it. Lar, and the web dudes, know the seating chart so well they don’t even notice the chipmunk orientation. I had to think about it a little bit, so for me, I noticed it right away.

How much are season tickets anyway? Couldn’t find any info online.

Thanks,
JWP

[quote=“jiddywop, post:8, topic:34”]How much are season tickets anyway? Couldn’t find any info online.

Thanks,
JWP[/quote]

Mine are $190 a ticket but I get a senior citizen’s discount. ;D

They’re $220 each without Lar’s special insider discount. :slight_smile:

I became a fan last year after sitting there once of 5-10 rows down from the mezzanine entrance in the lower bowl corner. Good sightlines, not too many people around you.

Thanks for all the help picking out seats. I ended up with a couple seats in Row A of section 120. Now, can anyone speed up time between now and November (but feel free to leave Saturdays at normal time). 8)

[quote="jiddywop, post:8, topic:34"]How much are season tickets anyway? Couldn't find any info online.

Thanks,
JWP[/quote]

How old does one need to be to qualify for the senior citizen discout? What if you hold two or four season tickets? Does the discount apply to all of the ticktets of just one?

Bulldog

[quote="jiddywop, post:8, topic:34"]How much are season tickets anyway? Couldn't find any info online.

Thanks,
JWP[/quote]

How old does one need to be to qualify for the senior citizen discout? What if you hold two or four season tickets? Does the discount apply to all of the ticktets of just one?

Bulldog

I think it’s sixty. They applied the discount to both of my tickets without me having to ID who was using the other ticket (he qualifies anyway so it was no big deal but I was surprised). Don’t know what they would do if I had had four.

Thanks,
JWP[/quote]

Bulldog

I think it’s sixty. They applied the discount to both of my tickets without me having to ID who was using the other ticket (he qualifies anyway so it was no big deal but I was surprised). Don’t know what they would do if I had had four.

Did you have to ask for it or did they have a record of your age and apply the discount automatically? I am old enough to qualify. However, I do have 4 season tickets. Obviously, I have already submitted my payment. I wonder if they would refund the difference. The discount is quite significant and worth exploring.

Thanks,
JWP[/quote]

Bulldog

Did you have to ask for it or did they have a record of your age and apply the discount automatically? I am old enough to qualify. However, I do have 4 season tickets. Obviously, I have already submitted my payment. I wonder if they would refund the difference. The discount is quite significant and worth exploring.

I asked.

Thanks,
JWP[/quote]

Bulldog

So, what happens when you want to sell your unused tickets on the ticket exchange or otherwise? Can a non-old person [ :wink: ] use them?

Thanks,
JWP[/quote]

Bulldog

So, what happens when you want to sell your unused tickets on the ticket exchange or otherwise? Can a non-old person [ :wink: ] use them?

yes