Billy Oliver

Does anybody have any information on Billy?

Are we going to see him anytime soon? It would be nice to get another piece for the puzzle.

As we’ve seen, Ed isn’t exactly one to go deep into the bench. I think he’s got an 8 man rotation right now (starters plus Babb, Edwards, and Ott), plus two other players that he’ll play in spots (Cam and Sasa). It’s pretty clear that Marshall is redshirting, Oliver is pretty deep on the bench, and Highberger will fight to get some minutes here and there once he’s back (though the better Edwards plays, the deeper he moves in the bench). Ed will have his hands even more full next year when Buie arrives and Marshall is playing.

Marshall has not played, right? I was following ESPN gametracker on my phone during the Charleston tourney, and it said Marshall had made a 3 point shot. I was stunned, because I thought he’d redshirt. But I didn’t see him in the boxscore, so I figured it was an error. Can anyone confirm?

[quote="frats, post:2, topic:396"]As we've seen, Ed isn't exactly one to go deep into the bench. I think he's got an 8 man rotation right now (starters plus Babb, Edwards, and Ott), plus two other players that he'll play in spots (Cam and Sasa). It's pretty clear that Marshall is redshirting, Oliver is pretty deep on the bench, and Highberger will fight to get some minutes here and there once he's back (though the better Edwards plays, the deeper he moves in the bench). Ed will have his hands even more full next year when Buie arrives and Marshall is playing.[/quote]

Marshall has not played, right? I was following ESPN gametracker on my phone during the Charleston tourney, and it said Marshall had made a 3 point shot. I was stunned, because I thought he’d redshirt. But I didn’t see him in the boxscore, so I figured it was an error. Can anyone confirm?

I saw that too but the next day I think the three was given to Cam.

I was asking about the headaches that he continued to have earlier this year?

Actually I think this is the first year that we have seen Coach DeChellis clear the bench even in early preseason games. Heck Highberger was getting pretty meaningful minutes and I think I saw Kirkpatrick’s name in there too. That is why I asked about Billy was wondering if anybody knew about his health.

Maybe Steve Jones knows something. Is there a Nittany Lion Hotline call in show this week?

Unfortunately I’m not holding out hope of seeing Billy play meaningful minutes this year. It was assumed that once Edwards was healthy he would be in the rotation (and that has happened). I don’t think we’re looking at the same situation w/ Oliver. I hope he recovers quickly and does not have any lingering effects from his concussions, but even if that’s the case I don’t think he’ll see much action this year. I think the “Use the non-conf schedule to set up my rotation” ship has sailed and unfortunately I think Billy missed the boat either b/c of injury or performance, or both.

[quote="frats, post:2, topic:396"]As we've seen, Ed isn't exactly one to go deep into the bench. I think he's got an 8 man rotation right now (starters plus Babb, Edwards, and Ott), plus two other players that he'll play in spots (Cam and Sasa). It's pretty clear that Marshall is redshirting, Oliver is pretty deep on the bench, and Highberger will fight to get some minutes here and there once he's back (though the better Edwards plays, the deeper he moves in the bench). Ed will have his hands even more full next year when Buie arrives and Marshall is playing.[/quote]

It wasn’t Marshall. They are redshirting him.

Marshall was shown scoring on that gametracker. There was also a Hamilton they had as being in the game for PSU.

Glad to hear that. I was hoping gametracker was wrong. It didn’t make any sense to play him at that point knowing Edwards was close to being back. I didn’t see the “Hamilton” JohnT is talking about though. If I did, I probably assumed he played for the other team and it zoomed over my head.

There’s actually a Hamilton on PSU…he’s a new walkon this year…i’m too lazy to look it up but I think his name is Justin…that being said, I think ESPN gametracker just made a mistake b/c the season stats don’t show him seeing any action.

There is. He’s a walk-on from Penn Hills in Pittsburgh who played at a branch campus (Greater Allegheny - aka McKeesport) for a couple of years