PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Billy O

This sounds like more than the flu to me. Hope he is cleared and doing well

Brian Siegrist
@PSUSTRETCH

Chambers says Billy Oliver is currently visiting doctor. he hopes to know more later today on his availability for Wednesday.

UncleLar stated on the IU game thread that he has head issues again.

Though, I haven’t seen a report, and only heard rumors as such before Larry’s post, I feel this is the case, unfortunately.

Hopefully he’s okay. Best of luck Billy.

BTW, I thought this topic was about O’Brien at first.

[quote=“rwd5035, post:2, topic:3005”]UncleLar stated on the IU game thread that he has head issues again.

Though, I haven’t seen a report, and only heard rumors as such before Larry’s post, I feel this is the case, unfortunately.

Hopefully he’s okay. Best of luck Billy.

BTW, I thought this topic was about O’Brien at first.[/quote]

Oh my bad. I hadn’t noticed that comment in the in game thread. I had heard rumors also. I think seeing the doctor makes it a little more concrete. I feel bad for the kid. It seems almost unreal the amount of concussions or concussion like issues in sports right now. It is also a large issue in a few area high schools as well.

I thought he did knock heads toward the end of Minnesota game. I just remember seeing a play underneath PSU’s basket and then the announcers talking about his medical condition.

I remember that NI. I’m almost positive Timmy came running over after play while Billy was lining up on the block and they stood face to face for a minute. Timmy had the “you ok?” face on.

Steve Jones said on the radio broadcast that Billy was having the headaches again and that his return was unknown.

Yeah as I had mentioned a few days ago one of the Illini coaches asked Billy what was wrong before the game and he seemed to point at his head . Doesn’t sound to promising

Hope he can beat this. Shame if the comcussions end his career early. BTW he’s on tract to graduate but the only way he doesn’t play here the addtional two years is if the comcusions reat their ugley head.

Anyone with any updates on Billy? Concerned for the guy.

Many remember Aaron Jack and PSU doctors finally coming to the point of not clearing him to play anymore. He transferred to A&M, had some moderate success briefly till concussions made him give up basketball there, too.