Bill Edwards story

[url=http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayton-sports/miami-university-redhawks/former-middie-waits-his-turn-at-miami-784530.html][size=14pt]Former Middie waits his turn at Miami[/size]

Bill Edwards Jr., who left Penn State in hopes of joining Miami, fills time coaching hoops.[/url]

There’s that ‘win’ equation mentioned again. Amazing how winning builds loyalty. Next year is ANOTHER critical year for the Lions.

Good luck to Bill - hope he does well.

[quote=“pennst92, post:2, topic:1242”]There’s that ‘win’ equation mentioned again. Amazing how winning builds loyalty. Next year is ANOTHER critical year for the Lions.

Good luck to Bill - hope he does well.[/quote]

There’s that “closer to home” equation too.

“I want to win, so hopefully I can help Miami win a couple of championships,” Edwards said. “It was fun (at Penn State) and a good learning experience. Going to play in front of thousands of fans every night was great, but I just wanted to be closer to home.

How does “I want to win, so hopefully I can help Miami win a couple of championships” translate to “We didn’t win at PSU, so I decided to transfer”?

Wouldn’t the quote have to read “I want to win, so hopefully I can help Miami win a couple of championships [b]so I don’t have to transfer to a third school[b]”?

Some people just like to add ideas between the lines of quotes just to stir up controversy.

I’m putting the ENTIRE thread on my “Avoid” list. OLD news…OLD trouble…OLD (prior) player…
Really everybody should just move on with the players who want to play at PSU and stop the silly (why don’t they want to be here) arguments!! >:(

[quote=“tundra, post:5, topic:1242”]I’m putting the ENTIRE thread on my “Avoid” list. OLD news…OLD trouble…OLD (prior) player…
Really everybody should just move on with the players who want to play at PSU and stop the silly (why don’t they want to be here) arguments!! >:([/quote]

Not a bad idea.

[quote="tundra, post:5, topic:1242"]I'm putting the ENTIRE thread on my "Avoid" list. OLD news.......OLD trouble..........OLD (prior) player............ Really everybody should just move on with the players who want to play at PSU and stop the silly (why don't they want to be here) arguments!! >:([/quote]

Not a bad idea.

Agreed.

Cool. See ya.

And for the record I’m tired of watching this team lose so many games.