Bill Edwards gets a start

I like it.

Ed’s trying.

Gets the start and takes a terrible shot early in the clock and then fouls an Indiana player shooting a 3.

Geez, IMO, Bill has not been playing up and that surprises me that he gets a start.

First 3 possessions he missed a jump shot, fouled a jumpshooter, got an offensive rebounder and threw it away.
Atleast he’s involved.

I don’t think he’s really earned a start. ED is packing it in I guess.

Bill has our first two turnovers.

He’s calmed down a bit, and had a nice drive to the basket that Ott finished.

I think that I’ve expressed my thoughts on Bill right now in his career enough. To sum it up - I don’t like this decision. He makes way to many bad decisions and early shots to be rewarded with a start. ED’s trying, but not in the right ways.

It sounds to me like ED is packing it in for the future already.

I like the Ott start though. Question about Bill - is ED still looking to find his guard combination? If he changes up the starting line-up right now, he should be experimenting with the big men. Why don’t we see Sasa? Maybe he doesn’t start, but give him some meaningful time if you’re playing for next year.

He sends out the same lineup and people complain. He tries something new and that apparrently shows that he’s “quitting”. Gotta love our fans.

[quote="psuphiman80, post:6, topic:705"]ED is packing it in I guess.[/quote]

He sends out the same lineup and people complain. He tries something new and that apparrently shows that he’s “quitting”. Gotta love our fans.

I don’t mind him making changes, but Edwards is not ready. And the downside of these changes is losing Jones and Brooks. Jones is probably gone already and supplanted by Ott. Brooks needs to still get minutes.

I don’t mind him making changes, but Edwards is not ready. And the downside of these changes is losing Jones and Brooks. Jones is probably gone already and supplanted by Ott. Brooks needs to still get minutes.

If I’m Ed right now, I’m playing whoever is giving the best effort in practice. I have no idea if that’s Edwards or not (and he is making plenty of freshman mistakes), but he has to find any way possible to get more effort out of these guys on the court.

but Edwards is not ready.

Where is this coming from? Who do we have that IS ready besides Talor? How can we lose anything at this point by trying different lineups? ??? ??? ???

I didn’t realize I spoke for everyone. I’m fine with changes I just don’t think giving Edwards a start was a good idea.

I didn’t realize I spoke for everyone. I’m fine with changes I just don’t think giving Edwards a start was a good idea.

But you were able to infer that if Ed thought Edwards deserved a start, then he’s “packing it in”.

Agreed on the changes. As far as Edwards not being ready, just look at his stat lines in the Big Ten - they are terrible. He’s playing worse than Brooks. Tonight was a great example - plenty of TOs and missed shots and fouls. Brooks, while frustrating, can produce at a higher level.

Brooks, while frustrating, can produce at a higher level.

He’s had 3 years to prove that he can - and hasn’t. Edwards can produce at a higher level also, but let’s give him more than 1 start before we start saying they should be judged equally.

If I’m Ed right now, I’m playing whoever is giving the best effort in practice. I have no idea if that’s Edwards or not (and he is making plenty of freshman mistakes), but he has to find any way possible to get more effort out of these guys on the court.

So if changing up the players doesn’t work, maybe it’s time to consider changing up the … ?

But you were able to infer that if Ed thought Edwards deserved a start, then he’s “packing it in”.

I don’t think it’s a winning formula. If he continues with Edwards those will be my suspicions.