Big Ten Tournament Thread

Michigan 24-8…can’t say I’m surprised

31-23 Michigan at the half. Iowa closed the gap, keeping the issue in doubt at the half. On Iowa’s last possession of the first half, there was a borderline call. I guess Hightower called the foul against Michigan on the floor, but it looked like it also could have been a no-call on the Iowa hopstep, and a foul when he went up for the shot. Lickliter didn’t seem happy about it.

Hey, last year, the 6-11 BTT game was on ESPN. Any reason why this year the 6-11 game is on BigTen network? Do they supposedly rotate these games between ESPN and the BigTen network? Last year, were all 3 first round games on ESPN? I can’t remember. I’ll have to hit up a local sports pub for the main event tonight.

Edit: 32-23 at the half. They gave Michigan another point.

[quote=“PSUChamp08, post:2, topic:946”]31-23 Michigan at the half. Iowa closed the gap, keeping the issue in doubt at the half. On Iowa’s last possession of the first half, there was a borderline call. I guess Hightower called the foul against Michigan on the floor, but it looked like it also could have been a no-call on the Iowa hopstep, and a foul when he went up for the shot. Lickliter didn’t seem happy about it.

Hey, last year, the 6-11 BTT game was on ESPN. Any reason why this year the 6-11 game is on BigTen network? Do they supposedly rotate these games between ESPN and the BigTen network? Last year, were all 3 first round games on ESPN? I can’t remember. I’ll have to hit up a local sports pub for the main event tonight.[/quote]

Were the times decided before they knew how the teams were going to be slotted?

I ask this because if they were decided after the fact, then ESPN2 might have wanted the more popular Michigan and Indiana programs over Minn and PSU. The Thursday night game and both Friday evening games were on the BTN last season as well I believe. It beats pre-BTN when these games were bumped to ESPN-Plus.

I’m not watching the first two games. BET > BTT :wink:

as opposed to BET > BTN?

[quote="noobd, post:5, topic:946"]I'm not watching the first two games. BET > BTT ;)[/quote]

as opposed to BET > BTN?

Good one. :smiley:

[quote="noobd, post:5, topic:946"]I'm not watching the first two games. BET > BTT ;)[/quote]

as opposed to BET > BTN?

Good one. :smiley:

Can you imagine Wendy Williams and the Rev. Bobby Jones calling a game? Now that would be entertainment!

Not sure who they are, lol. I don’t actually watch the BET (the channel). :frowning:

Michigan holds on to see one more day. OSU now can name its score.

Didn’t see much of the game but I heard Michigan was up 16 with under five to play and Iowa cut it to 5 with about a minute remaining and had the ball.

Michigan came out really strong against OSU. OSU has fought back, however.

10 point halftime lead…

Wow Michigan up 2 with 23.8 left. What a rally.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH. Wow.

EVAN FREAKIN TURNER. WOW.

If Turner is not POY then everyone that votes should have it taken away from them.

hate Turner, but that was impressive.

Where did he take the shot? Gamecast said it was 36 feet from the hoop.

He can’t shoot threes

Wow…just wow.

Kudos to Michigan though. I like to bash them and for good reason, but they finally did what they should have done all season long. Rely solely on Sims on the block (first half) and Harris driving (second half). Opened up the 3 as well, so they didn’t seem so forced. Normally I would feel for the losing team after a crushing defeat such as this, but they are still Michigan.

As for OSU, boy they became such a 1-on-1 team late in the game. Either Turner driving or Buford driving taking tough shots, when they could have found an open man.

Michigan played a better game, but ET made the shot (yes, a runner from 36’ or so). Fantastic game and finish.