Big Ten Geeks - no more "Degree of DeChellis"

They say they’ve been forced to rename it.

From their blog

[i]We’re going to have to call it something other than DeChellis

Penn State lost another close one, 67-65 to Michigan State last night. Despite outshooting the Spartans, the Nittany Lions were thoroughly dominated on the boards, as MSU recovered over 40 percent of their misses. PSU had a chance at the end but Talor Battle couldn’t get the rebound cleanly and as a result did not get a shot off before the buzzer. Penn State is 3-9 this season in games decided by 5 points or less (or that went to overtime). As a result, they rank dead last by Pomeroy Luck, which is such an incendiary term that it had been renamed degree of DeChellis, in honor of the Penn State coach whose teams have shown a knack for ranking high by this measure. But that’s all changed this season, which of course opens the debate as to whether the term “luck” might be apt after all[/i]

Maybe it should be called the “degree of Cornley” as he flat out willed his team to victory after victory.

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:2, topic:937”]Maybe it should be called the “degree of Cornley” as he flat out willed his team to victory after victory.
[/quote]
No love for Stanley?

I find it interesting that most of the credit for last season’s team goes to Jamelle, when it was the teams that Stanley starred on the past two seasons that saw a majority of this team’s successes spanning the seven seasons Ed has been here.

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:2, topic:937"]Maybe it should be called the "degree of Cornley" as he flat out willed his team to victory after victory.[/quote] No love for Stanley?

I find it interesting that most of the credit for last season’s team goes to Jamelle, when it was the teams that Stanley starred on the past two seasons that saw a majority of this team’s successes spanning the seven seasons Ed has been here.

No, I was thinking of Pringle as well.
But if you had to go for one player it would be Melle.
Cause you could certainly tell
Through disappointments of NIT hell
And on the shoulder that he fell
That he was so swell
For Coach Ed DeChell
To get his teammates to gel
When it came time to answer the bell.

Now it’s time to get off my Dell.

Hope you all well,
NittanyIll