Big Ten-Acc

his hasn’t been brought up, but I was talking to Tanner Curley, and he was saying that his dad has talked to him about the chance of playing UNC at home next year. Thinking about it, it isn’t all that unreasonable, it might seem suprising, but UNC is at the bottom of ACC and the usual UNC-MSU game doesn’t have the same ring, even more so with some othe ACC teams playing well.

Just a thought.

Not a snowball’s chance…

The matchup’s seem to be based as much on next year’s expectation as they do on how team’s finish this year. UNC will be a top 25 team again next year and will not be matched up against a team picked to finish in the bottom 3rd of the Big10. I bet we see someone sweet like NC St. or or UVA again…I really wouldn’t mind playing BC or The U.

[quote=“Finding Forrester, post:2, topic:887”]Not a snowball’s chance…

The matchup’s seem to be based as much on next year’s expectation as they do on how team’s finish this year. UNC will be a top 25 team again next year and will not be matched up against a team picked to finish in the bottom 3rd of the Big10. I bet we see someone sweet like NC St. or or UVA again…I really wouldn’t mind playing BC or The U.[/quote]

I tend to agree, but I like to dream

[quote=“NGameday, post:1, topic:887”]his hasn’t been brought up, but I was talking to Tanner Curley, and he was saying that his dad has talked to him about the chance of playing UNC at home next year. Thinking about it, it isn’t all that unreasonable, it might seem suprising, but UNC is at the bottom of ACC and the usual UNC-MSU game doesn’t have the same ring, even more so with some othe ACC teams playing well.

Just a thought.[/quote]

If Tim is Tanner’s dad, then maybe this helps to explain some of our scheduling difficulties.

Here is my predictions (assuming NC State finishes Last)
ACC Big Ten City
Duke vs Ohio State Durham, NC
Wake Forest vs Wisconsin Winston-Salem, NC
Virginia vs Northwestern Evenston, Illinois
Clemson vs Minnesota Minneapolis, Minn
Georgia Tech vs Michigan State East Lansin, Mich
Virginia Tech vs Michigan Blacksburg, Va
Maryland vs Purdue College Park, Md
Boston College vs Indiana Chestnut Hill, Mass
Miami vs Penn State University Park, Pa
Florida State vs Iowa Tallahassee, Fl
North Carolina vs Illinois Champaign, Illinois

[quote="NGameday, post:1, topic:887"]his hasn't been brought up, but I was talking to Tanner Curley, and he was saying that his dad has talked to him about the chance of playing UNC at home next year. Thinking about it, it isn't all that unreasonable, it might seem suprising, but UNC is at the bottom of ACC and the usual UNC-MSU game doesn't have the same ring, even more so with some othe ACC teams playing well.

Just a thought.[/quote]

If Tim is Tanner’s dad, then maybe this helps to explain some of our scheduling difficulties.

Tim is Tanner’s dad, but Tim doesn’t do the scheduling, DeChellis and Jon Perry do.

[quote="NGameday, post:1, topic:887"]his hasn't been brought up, but I was talking to Tanner Curley, and he was saying that his dad has talked to him about the chance of playing UNC at home next year. Thinking about it, it isn't all that unreasonable, it might seem suprising, but UNC is at the bottom of ACC and the usual UNC-MSU game doesn't have the same ring, even more so with some othe ACC teams playing well.

Just a thought.[/quote]

Tim is Tanner’s dad, but Tim doesn’t do the scheduling, DeChellis and Jon Perry do.

Hmmm, given a choice of four, I might be inclined to let Tanner take a shot at next year’s schedule. ;D

Just a thought.[/quote]

Hmmm, given a choice of four, I might be inclined to let Tanner take a shot at next year’s schedule. ;D

next year’s schedule is a big deal. does ED schedule for the best of the program, or does he schedule for the best of ED…

Just a thought.[/quote]

I’d bet that getting UNC up here would cost the kind of $$$ that TC would have to approve.

Just a thought.[/quote]

I’d bet that getting UNC up here would cost the kind of $$$ that TC would have to approve.

That’s not the way it works with UNC.

First of all, the conversation is centered around the Big Ten/ACC challenge which doesn’t cost anything - so no Curley approval required.

Secondly, UNC’s appearance can’t be bought; they don’t take money to travel. Any road games that they would book would be a part of a home and home series (or maybe a two for one). In either case, no money exchanges hands - so again, no Curley approval would be necessary.

Just a thought.[/quote]

First of all, the conversation is centered around the Big Ten/ACC challenge which doesn’t cost anything - so no Curley approval required.

Secondly, UNC’s basketball team isn’t for sale; they don’t take money to travel. Any road games that they would book would be a part of a home and home series (or maybe a two for one). In either case, no money exchanges hands - so again, no Curley approval would be necessary.

I wonder why we don’t do this more often with teams, I am sure we do the whole play as many home games as possible thing but that also limits the amount of teams we can schedule because the good mid-majors are going to just take the pay day anymore like in years past so we are stuck with the bottom feeders. It seems we are relying on these holiday tournaments for our chance to play good teams but in those tournaments we have failed to play any of them because of lack winning.

Just a thought.[/quote]

Secondly, UNC’s basketball team isn’t for sale; they don’t take money to travel. Any road games that they would book would be a part of a home and home series (or maybe a two for one). In either case, no money exchanges hands - so again, no Curley approval would be necessary.

I wonder why we don’t do this more often with teams, I am sure we do the whole play as many home games as possible thing but that also limits the amount of teams we can schedule because the good mid-majors are going to just take the pay day anymore like in years past so we are stuck with the bottom feeders. It seems we are relying on these holiday tournaments for our chance to play good teams but in those tournaments we have failed to play any of them because of lack winning.

because our AD is a bean counter with no vision